Applications are currently been accepted for the Masters Scholarships for International Students To study in Belgium 2018, only eligible applicants will be considered for the program, Hurry now and apply .
What You Need To Know ABout Belgium
Belgium, a country in Western Europe, is known for medieval towns, Renaissance architecture and as headquarters of the European Union and NATO. The country has distinctive regions including Dutch-speaking Flanders to the north, French-speaking Wallonia to the south and a German-speaking community to the east. The bilingual capital, Brussels, has ornate guildhalls at Grand-Place and elegant art-nouveau buildings.
Eligible Fields of Study: Eligible International Master Programme under the Faculty of Science at K.U. Leuven:
• Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
• Master of Biology
• Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
• Master of Chemistry
• Master of Geography
• Master of Mathematics
• Master of Physics
• Master of Statistics
• Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialisation Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship)
• Erasmus Mundus Master of Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling
• Erasmus Mundus Master Sustainable and Territorial Development
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Value of Scholarship:
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
Candidates must meet and prove the following requirements:
• the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
• the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
• the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
• the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
• the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English,
• the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
• the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
Selection: The selection procedure involves several steps:
- The applicants go through the admission procedure of the Master Programme of their choice. Only students admitted to a Master Programme of the Faculty of Science are considered for the scholarship.
- The applicants with a complete file and meeting all the necessary requirements are selected for the first round.
- The list of applicants per master programme is sent to the respective programme director who ranks the students eligible for the Scholarship.
- The selection committee receives the list of the selected applicants per programme and agrees on a ranking of all the applicants.
- The selection committee selects a number of students to be interviewed via skype.
- The selected applicants are interviewed via skype
- The selection committee makes a final ranking of all the candidates that have been interviewed.
- The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund defines how many scholarships are available and awards the scholarships.
How to Apply:
- Apply for the master programme of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven.
- In the application form you have to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship by looking for the scholarship in the drop-down box. Do not forget this step or we will not know that you are applying for the scholarship!
- upload the following information via the KU Leuven application tool:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores;
- provide a short (about one half to one page) description according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide for the courses that you deem most relevant for the master that you are considering,
- two reference letters of internationally renowned professors;
- a letter of motivation for the programme.
Updates on application deadline will be communicated hortly please stay tuned