The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is delighted to invite applications for the NYS Teacher Incentive Scholarship Program.
To be eligible, the applicant must have received an undergraduate degree from a college/university in New York State (NYS) and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the term.The Program provides eligible students with a full-tuition scholarship for a master’s degree at a State University of New York (SUNY) or City University of New York (CUNY) college or university.The winners will receive an annual award equal to the annual full-time tuition charged to NYS resident students attending a graduate program at SUNY or CUNY (The maximum annual award for is $10,870 or actual tuition, whichever is less).
The Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is New York State’s higher education student financial aid agency that helps people pay for collegeand a national leader in providing need based grant and scholarship award money to college-going students. At the Corporation’s core are programs like the Tuition Assistance Program, numerous state scholarships, federal college access grants and a highly successful College Savings program.
To eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an NYS resident and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the term
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have received an undergraduate degree from a college/university located in NYS and have been an NYS resident while earning this degree
- Have earned a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher upon completion of his or her undergraduate study
- Be matriculated in an approved master’s degree in education program at a SUNY or CUNY college or university which leads to a certification as a public elementary or secondary education teacher
- Be enrolled in such program on a full-time basis
- Be in a non-default status on a student loan made under any NYS or federal education loan program or repayment of any NYS award
- Be in compliance with the terms of any service condition imposed by an NYS award
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher each term of graduate study
- Execute a Service Contract agreeing to teach for five years in a classroom at a public elementary or secondary school, including charter schools, located in NYS.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can submit online application go through the given link: https://webapps.hesc.ny.gov/questionnaire/page.hesc?questionnaireId=56&versionNumber=2
- To receive payment, recipients must complete the Payment of State Grants, Scholarships and Awards Application each year. The link is: https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-college/apply-for-financial-aid/apply-for-state-grants-scholarships-and-awards/apply-for-payment-of-tap-state-scholarships-and-awards.html
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- A recipient receives an annual award equal to the annual full-time tuition charged to NYS resident students attending a graduate program at SUNY or CUNY.
- The maximum annual award for the 2016-17 academic year is $10,870 or actual tuition, whichever is less.
- Awards will be reduced by the amount of any other tuition-only assistance award received. Awards will be made under this program based on available funding.
- A recipient is entitled to a maximum of four-semester payments, or its equivalent, for full-time graduate study leading to certification as an elementary or secondary classroom teacher.
The deadline for the NYS Masters-in-Education Teacher Incentive Scholarship Program application is July 11, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions regarding this program, contact the Scholarship Unit at scholarships-at-hesc.ny.gov or 888-697-4372