Applicants are invited to send in their Applications for The MasterCard Foundation Microfinance Scholars Program in collaboration with the School of African Microfinance (SAM) Scholarships in Africa.
In this article, we will be talking more about the MasterCard foundation scholarship like its eligibility, scholarship worth, and how to apply for the scholarship.
About the MasterCard Foundation Scholarships
In partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, the University of Edinburgh will provide 200 full postgraduate and undergraduate scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
On top of the scholarship, the Scholars Program facilitates transformative leadership programming to inspire and support Scholars in making a change in their communities and countries on their return home.
These scholarships are open to individuals who are in the field of Finance.
The objective of this scholarship program is to avail opportunities to excellent individuals active in financial inclusion to attend SAM 2021 which is a two-week executive training program that specializes in building high-performance microfinance institutions and accelerating access to financial services.
Applicants are encouraged to submit applications before the stated deadline.
To be eligible for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarships program, the applicant must have secured admission to study at the University of Edinburgh.
However, it’s preferred that the application for this scholarship be first done before applying for university admission.
To get access to this scholarship;
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country, whose personal circumstances would make accepting an offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult.
- The candidate must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community;
- You are able to present economically disadvantaged circumstances and be able to show that you lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in your home country or elsewhere.
These scholarships are available to pursue a two-week executive training program.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholarships are awarded in the field of finance.
These scholarships will cover the following:
- The total amount for tuition, food and full-board accommodation for SAM 2021 is the US $4,950. Participants are responsible for their own travel costs and any incidental expenses.
Number of Scholarships
The number of MasterCard Foundation Scholarships available is 200.
Place of Study
The place of study for the program is the University of Edinburgh.
Applicants must meet the following criteria for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarships:
- Be in management and/or leadership levels in microfinance institutions or banks with more than seven years of industry experience.
- Microfinance Consultants who have in the past provided implementation support financial institutions and are keen to increase their overall technical skills base.
- Individuals from the financial institutions that apply different models in their service deliverye.g. savings and credit cooperatives.
- Past scholars are not eligible to apply
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be from the financial institutions.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
Applicants can apply via email.
- Interested and eligible individuals should send their Curriculum Vitae and duly completed SAM Application Form to scholarships-at-samtraining.org with a copy to evelyne-at-samtraining.org.
The application for the deadline is MasterCard Foundation Scholarships in 2021 is closed but applications for 2021 starts by October annually.
WE DULY RECOMMEND
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship 2021
- MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarships: scholarship.mtn.com.gh
- Mastercard Foundation Rural Prosperity Competition | ONGOING
- Richard Davidson Undergraduate Scholarships for Agricultural Science in UK
- University of Edinburgh: Courses, Tuition, Rankings, Jobs & Admission
- 15 Scholarships for Zimbabweans to Study in Turkey 2021
- Howard University Scholarships 2021 | APPLY
- Kch Foundation Scholarships 2021
- MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP FOR KENYAN STUDENTS
- Mastercard Scholarships for Gambian Students
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.