The Montgomery County Executive Hispanic Gala has officially Launched a scholarship program “Maryland Hispanic Achievement Scholarship” for Student Must have graduated from a Maryland High School or obtained a Maryland GED in the last four years High school/College/University grade point average of 2.5 or greater to be applying for the scholarship. The scholarship opportunity was made available to all qualifying students in financial need from diverse communities. A onetime scholarship fund of $2,000.00 is available for deserving students.
The Montgomery County Executive Hispanic Gala came into being when a group of Hispanic County employees and community leaders instituted the event as a way to raise funds and visibility about developing highly educated Latino professionals while providing critical financial assistance that will increase graduation rates from post-secondary education in Montgomery County and the State of Maryland.
You are encouraged to apply if you are
- High school/College/University grade point average of 2.5 or greater. Must have graduated from a Maryland High School or obtained a Maryland GED in the last four years.
- Must attend a Maryland College or University in the Spring next year
- Significant contribution of voluntary community service during the last 12 months.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Resident or Dreamer, as defined by the Maryland Dream Act.
How to Apply:
- Applicants can apply for the scholarship through the link: https://mcehg.wufoo.com/forms/qmsunjq1xl9f98/
- Applicants must write a 500 Word Essay (not more than 500 words) and the question of the essay is: How has living in a diverse community changed or shaped your personal view of the world we live in and the choices of career goals to better compete in this day and age?
You will need to provide the following information and materials
- A formal letter of recommendation from a community organization e.g. church, non-profit
- Document with proof of family finances. Submit one of any documents: 2016 Income Tax Return (1040) or Copy of 2017 FAFSA Summary (only first 5 pages)
- Letter of recommendation from an academic advisor, teacher, or professor.(To be sent to scholarships-at-montgomeryhispanicgala.org)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Scholarship funds of $2,000.00 are disbursed in mid-December. The check is sent directly to the Office of the Bursar of the student’s school.
The deadline for application submission is June 30, 2017.
Link for More Information: