The North Carolina Nurses Association (NCNA) is pleased to call for applications for the fellowship program to nursing students named as “Mary Lewis Wyche Fellowship”. Applicants must ensure that, they are admitted to a program in North Carolina’s master’s degree or doctoral degree (Ph.D., DNP) in nursing practice or administration. The aim of the fellowship will be awarded to registered nurses seeking their masters or doctorate in nursing practice or administration on a full-time basis. The recipients who will win the fellowship program get up to $5,000 annually.
As the leading professional organization for North Carolina’s registered nurses, they equip nurses at all stages to thrive in an ever-changing healthcare environment. NCNA helps keep North Carolina nurses on the cutting edge of nursing practice, policy, education, and more.
This fellowship program is applicable for:
- Must be a resident of North Carolina for at least 12 months prior to application.
- Must be admitted to a program in North Carolina offering a master’s degree or doctoral degree (Ph.D., DNP) in nursing practice or administration. Online programs are also acceptable, provided you are a North Carolina resident.
- Must be enrolled full-time(at least 9 hours per semester – doctoral work will be determined by institution’s definition of full-time).
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in work already completed in the program in which currently enrolled or in masters program if no course work has been taken in the current program.
How to Apply:
You can download the application form through the given link: http://pubs.ncnurses.org/pub/22819b6b-782b-cb6e-2763-d69ac3265696
Applicants must provide the following documents
- A statement of not more than 300 words presenting applicant’s reasons for pursuing additional education and for doing so on a full-time
- Two letters of reference from individuals knowledgeable of the applicant’s character, contributions to the community, reasons for pursuing education on a full-time basis, and the potential for contributions to nursing.
- Unofficial transcript(s) Unofficial of grades from BSN or current master’s program for master’s students; and master’s program or current doctoral program for doctoral students.
- Proof of acceptance to the educational program.
After completing the application, applicant can email the application form or you can also mail your complete application packet
Email scholarship application & all related materials as a single pdf document to RNs-at-NCNurses.org
NC Foundation for Nursing, Inc.
Attn: Scholarship Committee
103 Enterprise Street
Raleigh NC 27607-7325
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The award amount of the scholarship is up to $5,000 per year.
Completed applications must be submitted by May 31, 2017.
Link for More Information: