Marcia Silverman Minority Student Award to Study Public Relation and Journalism
The application for Marcia Silverman Minority Student Award is currently accepted. Undergraduate students studying journalism and public relation studies are welcome to apply. Please note that this scholarship only available for U.S citizens with certain races as stated below. The winners of the Marcia Silverman Minority Student Award will receive $5,000. The next application deadline is May 26, 2017.
This scholarship is made possible by the PRSA Foundation. Your application will be judged using the following criteria: Academic achievement in public relations and overall studies, Demonstrated leadership on or off campus, Practical experience, e.g. internships, other work/service, Commitment to public relations, particularly as expressed in the candidate’s statement, Writing skills as demonstrated throughout the application, and Letters of recommendation.
The successful applicants may expect to receive $5,000
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in the field of Journalism and Public Relation.
Place of Study
The study can be taken in USA
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be eligible in this Marcia Silverman Minority Student Award , you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a journalism program, public relations studies or courses preparing for a career in public relations.
- Be entering your senior year of undergraduate studies this fall.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
This award only be targeted to African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Native American, Alaskan Native or Pacific Islander ancestry.
To apply this award, please provide all of the following compulsory documents:
- An application form signed by both you and a faculty member or PRSSA Adviser.
- A letter of recommendation from either a faculty member or PRSSA Adviser.
- Letters of recommendation from internship employers, educators or others.
- A one page résumé.
May 26, 2017.