Applications for the Mani Mann Fellowship is currently being accepted. This one year fellowship open to Indian musicians who are between 25 and 40 of age. Each of the winning candidates will receive Rs. 100,000 in total. Applications are accepted round the year.
Mani Mann Fellowship – in Hindustani Classical Music is awarded to young musicians to study and learn under the tutelage of an acclaimed guru of Indian Classical Music. This Fellowship has been instituted to encourage promising young artists to advance in their field. This fellowship will enable the recipient to have the resources and time to dedicate to the art.
The grant of Rs. 100,000 will be given in two phases.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in music field.
Place of Study
The program will be taken in India.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The Fellowship is only open to Indian Nationals in the age group of 25 to 40.
- While this fellowship specially encourages women applicants, all proposals that further the objectives of the program are welcome.
- The applicant must hold a degree/diploma from a recognized university or institution in the field and/or the candidate should have at least ten years of initial training in Indian classical music.
- The fellow would be required to have given at least 2-3 solo performances to his/her credit in recognized forums.
- The candidate will be required to take guidance from another senior guru and enhance the existing style. It would be a residency programme for a period of three months, which can be spread over the period of one year. This will require the candidate to take consent from his/her current guru and the guru he/she would want to go to.
Only Indian citizens are invited to apply.
- Candidates should send their two page CV and a write up of approximately 500 words explaining their project. Full postal and telephonic contact details together with any E-mail id should be submitted to facilitate contact. Few samples of previous work, project or performances should be submitted. The names and contact addresses/telephones of two referees should also be sent.
- The application should bear the title ‘Mani Mann Fellowship’ on the envelope when sent by post and in subject line if sent through email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications end 31st December, 2017 (12:00am).