The School of Economics at The University of Queensland is delighted to call for applications from excellent applicants for its Economics Scholarships programme. These scholarships is open to Malaysian applicants to pursue an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree. The true focus of this scholarship is that,it will be tailored towards establishing a strong connection with Malaysia, attracting high-achieving students and we are proud of their contribution to the UQ student body.
The University of Queensland is an Australian research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane. The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions
Course Level: These scholarships are available for pursuing an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Economics.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover – up to 50% of tuition fees.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students will need to make a separate application to UQ International Admissions for entry into the Bachelor of Economics or the Master Coursework Programs.
- Students who have studied A Levels, STPM, GCE, SAM, AUSMAT, UEC, or Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) (or equivalent pre university studies) in Malaysia can apply for these scholarships.
- Students must have a GPA equivalent to a 6 on a 7 point scale at UQ and also meet the UQ Math entry requirement.
- Students from a science/math background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Nationality: Malaysian applicants are eligible for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have a GPA equivalent to a 6 on a 7 point scale .
English Language Requirement: To meet the UQ’s English language proficiency requirements, you must demonstrate one of the following:
- Four semesters of Sound Achievement or better in Queensland authority English or English for ESL Learners (or equivalent). Less than four semesters may be considered for some programs..
- At least 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the IELTS or equivalent test. Some programs have higher English proficiency requirements. See each program page for more information.
- Other equivalent tests such as the TOEFL or PTE are also accepted and other qualifications and experience may also be considered.
- Study Abroad and Incoming Exchange students are only required to meet a program’s overall score requirement (e.g. 6.5 IELTS or 87 TOEFL or 64 PTE).
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. Submit an application form with the following documents through a registered UQ International Education Representative or directly to The University of Queensland International Admissions:
- University academic transcripts
- Senior high school academic transcripts
- Motivation letter
- 2 reference letters
- Current IELTS or TOEFL certificate
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 6, 2017.