Malaysian International Scholarship for international Students, and applications are submitted till 24 May 2017. Malaysian Government is offering scholarship from international students to pursue postgraduate studies. Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and selected private universities at postgraduate or post-doctoral level. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Malaysia
Level: POST-DOCTORAL, Ph.D, MASTER
postgraduate masters studies in selected and well-established Malaysian public universities (University of Malaya (UM); National University of Malaysia (UKM); University of Science, Malaysia (USM); Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM); International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM); University of Malaysia, Sabah (UMS) and University of Technology Petronas (UTP)).
Field(s): Field of studies is in the following priority areas:
- Science and Engineering.
- Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Economics and Islamic Finance.
- Information and Communication Technology.
- Biosecurity and Food Safety.
- Infrastructure and Utility.
- Environmental Studies.
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
Deadline: 24 May 2017
Funded By: Malaysian Government
|Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship is targeted for Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds|
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : not known
‣Value of Scholarship : Each scholarship consists of:-
- The MIS is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
- Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and selected private universities at postgraduate or post-doctoral level.
To be eligible for Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship , applicants must fit the following criteria:-
- Academic qualification : Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Master’s Degree applicant;Possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters Degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study;Fo post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, reffered/non reffered journals, portfoloi and parent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test and must not be more than two years validity during application. The list of tests and minimum score required :IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; orTOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580; or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
- Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
Selection Criteria for Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme Scholarship
‣ Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
- High-level academic achievement
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
- Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language
General Condition of Award
- Scholarship holder must undertake full-time studies for postgraduate and post-doctoral studies at a campus of Malaysian Universities.It is the responsibility of the scholarship holders to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholarship holders must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from their university and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders must follow the approved programmes and abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension, including suspension due to illness.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply for and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
- Scholarship holders must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university and degree programme, or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholarship holders are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted online using this Online Application
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 24 May 2017.
|Applications will be download form below:-|
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.