SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Offers are up for the Macquarie University Research Fellowships (MQRF) Scheme. International Students are eligible to apply. The scheme offers up to ten full-time research fellowships for the programme commencing in 2017.
The purpose of the Macquarie University Research Fellowships (MQRF) Scheme is to support researchers within three years of the award of their PhD who have an outstanding track record (relative to opportunity) and/or who show evidence of excellent research potential.
Macquarie University is a public research university based in Sydney, Australia, in the suburb of Macquarie Park. Founded in 1964 by the New South Wales Government, it was the third university to be established in the metropolitan area of Sydney.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The salary range for the Fellowship will be awarded at step 6, 7 or 8 of Level A of the Academic Salary Scale, plus annual leave loading and 17% employer superannuation. These salary levels will be adjusted in line with movements in the Academic Salary Scale. Salaries above the range A6-A8 cannot be supported by the Fellowship, however supplementation by the host Department may be negotiated.
Number of Scholarships: Up to ten full-time Research Fellowships commencing in 2017 will be awarded on a competitive basis, and will be tenurable for three years.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- Applicants are eligible only if their PhD was awarded on or after 1 March 2014, or will be submitted on or before 7 August 2017. The Fellowship cannot commence until the PhD has been awarded, which must be by 30 June 2018.
- If a successful applicant is not an Australian citizen and does not have permanent resident status, s/he must obtain the necessary visa from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection before taking up the Fellowship. Please note that relocation and visa costs are not covered by the MQRF scheme; they are the responsibility of the Host Department.
- Fellows must be in full-time attendance at Macquarie University for the entire term of
- the Fellowship, with the exception of approved field work and travel.
- Applicants who were/are PhD candidates at Macquarie University, or who have had full-time, part-time, or casual employment at Macquarie University since the beginning of 2015, must make a case for why it is appropriate for them to continue or recommence their research career at Macquarie University.
Nationality: Australian and international students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master’s degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Each Faculty has their own approval and review processes for grants under this scheme. They also have deadlines for submission of draft applications that are earlier than the Research Office deadlines. You must contact your Faculty, as early as possible, in the first instance for information on processes and deadlines. Note that applications that have not been through Faculty approval will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: Expression of Interest (EoI) Key Dates:
- Faculty Closing Dates: Arts and MGSM May 5, 2017, Science and Engineering and Human Sciences 10th May 2017, Business and Economics and Medicine and Health Sciences May 17, 2017
- Closing Date: May 24, 2017, 5pm (AEST)
(NB: Faculty closing dates are earlier and applications that have not received Faculty approval will not be accepted)