SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Each year, applicants are invited to apply Lydia Cabrera Awards. These awards are intended to support research on Cuban History. The eligible applicants should be trained in Latin American history and possess knowledge of Spanish. Those are selected will receive maximum $5,000. The application deadline is 1 June each year.
Lydia Cabrera Awards are available to support the study of Cuba between 1492 and 1868. Awards are designed specifically to support:
- original research on Cuban history in Spanish, Mexican, and U. S. archives;
- the publication of meritorious books on Cuba currently out of print; and
- the publication of historical statistics, historical documents, and guides to Spanish archives relating to Cuban history between 1492 and 1868.
Each of the winners will receive up to $5,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Research in Historical field.
Place of Study
The study can be taken in the U.S.A
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all candidates are expected to the requirements as follow:
- Applicants must be trained in Latin history and possess knowledge of Spanish.
- Applicants for original research are to be engaged in graduate studies at U.S institution.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to see further requirements at the link below.
The U.S students are welcome to apply.
To apply, you must visit the link below and learn the application procedure at the web page.
1 June each year.