Lt.Col Jack Wishart Scholarship
The University of Edinburgh is pleased to invite applications for the Lt.Col Jack Wishart Scholarship Program. The scholarship is exclusively open to University of Edinburgh students enrolled on the ChM Trauma and Orthopaedics (Online Distance Learning) program in the 2020-2021 academic session. Only those coming from the countries mentioned below are welcome to apply.
One scholarship is available to applicants enrolled on the ChM Trauma and Orthopaedics (Online Distance Learning) program, commencing in the 2020-2021 academic session.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2020
- 2020/2021 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2020-2021
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2020-2021
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2020-2021
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2020-2021
About ChM Trauma and Orthopaedics (Online Distance Learning) Program
This two-year part-time master’s program in the virtual learning environment of the University of Edinburgh, fully taught online, is designed to give you the freedom to study with flexibility.
This two-year, part-time masters program, taught entirely online, is offered by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the University of Edinburgh and leads to the degree of Master of Surgery (ChM).
Based on the Intercollegiate Surgery Training Program of the United Kingdom, the program offers traumatology and orthopedic apprentices the opportunity to choose advanced modules for their established specialty and supports learning Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) examinations.
The trainees are trained by experienced tutors, all the leading clinicians in their field, and have access to a large structured learning resource that includes educational materials, including an unprecedented online library.
The examples illustrate technical skills and procedures, as well as basic knowledge and clinical skills.
In the first year of the program, the basic compulsory modules cover the basic aspects of the subspecialty. The modules are taught and evaluated using a clinical approach based on problem-solving, supported by a systematic review of the course material.
In the second year, students follow a didactic unit as they reflect their interest in the subspecialty. Academic modules (basic and specialized) explore research and teaching methods, as well as the development of skills to analyze published evidence and operate interactive clinical communication and written skills.
Apprentices must write an academic critique in an appropriate subspecialty field of work during the two-year study period, such as that resulting from publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the selected subspecialty of the surgery and be able to apply this knowledge to the evaluation and systematic management of elective, urgent and emergency clinic patients;
- Recognize the contribution of the direction and responsibility of the surgeon in the multidisciplinary management of complex surgical diseases;
- Think about daily practice critically about surgery in the context of recent events and engage in a critical dialogue with your colleagues and other experts in your specialties;
- Apply the general design principles of clinical studies, ethics, and statistics to critically evaluate the scientific literature in surgical research and make informed judgments about emerging and emerging problems in surgery;
- Exercise a high level of autonomy and initiative in professional activities at the level of independent surgical practice.
Level/Field of Study
Lt.Col Jack Wishart Scholarship is for students who are enrolled for ChM Trauma and Orthopaedics (Online Distance Learning) program.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Lt.Col Jack Wishart Scholarship is hosted at the University of Edinburgh in the UK.
There are other USA Scholarships available for International students in 2020.
Eligible applicants must have been accepted to study the ChM Trauma and Orthopaedics (Online Distance Learning) commencing in 2020-2021 and be a citizen/national and resident of the following countries:
Lt.Col Jack Wishart Scholarship award will contribute £500 per year toward tuition fees and is tenable for two academic years.
Aside from Lt.Col Jack Wishart Scholarship, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
- Potential candidates should normally have acquired their MRCS (or equivalent evaluation stage) and be an advanced orthopedic apprentice (ST [specialist training years] 5-6 in the United Kingdom or its equivalent outside the United Kingdom.
- Completed at least four years of specialized training in traumatology and orthopedics before the proposed date of admission to the program and will obtain the status prior to the FRCS.
- The candidates should have already been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and have either firmly accepted this offer or intend to do so.
- Applicants who have already started their study program on the closing date are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Eligible applicants must be accepted to study the ChM Trauma and Orthopaedics (Online Distance Learning) commencing in 2020-2021.
- Eligible candidates will have completed at least 4 years of specialized training in trauma and orthopedics before the proposed admission date to the program and will have a status prior to the FRCS.
- For applicants who already have FRCS status, we will review each application on a case-by-case basis and accept if there is a substantial training element in their current position.
How to Apply
Eligible applicants should complete an online application. Please click the link below to access the application form.
All Information on how to apply will follow shortly – the closing date will be 30 August 2020. All applicants will be notified about the result by the end of July 2020. The Program starts on 9 September 2020.
- ChM Programme Administration
- Phone: +44 (0)131 651 4932
- Email: [email protected]
- Programme Directors, John McKinley, and Matt Moran
- Phone: +44 (0)131 651 4932
- Email: [email protected]
- ChM Programme Administration
- University of Edinburgh, ESSQ Office Room G10/G11
- Simon Laurie House, 196 Canongate
- Central Campus
- EH8 8AQ
- 20 Best Online Schools for Accounting | UPDATED
- Top 10 Universities To Study Accounting in Asia
- Top 50 Scholarships for Studying Finance and Accounting in USA
- Study In UK: Top 10 Universities to Study Accounting and Finance in UK
- Washington CPA Foundation Scholarship
- Study In South Africa: Best university in South Africa to study technology and engineering
- Motorola Solutions Foundation Grants Program
- Tips On How to Apply for Admission and Visa to Study in Canada
- United Kingdom: A Perfect Destination For World-Class Education
- 21 Cheapest Universities in Florida for International Students
- Top 9 Reasons Why You Should Consider Studying in the Philippines
- Study in Mexico: Tuition, Cost of Living And List of Top Universities
- Study In Switzerland: All you need to Know about University of Zurich
- 12 Steps On How to Apply for Scholarship in Any Country
- 25 Master’s Scholarship in Human Rights in South Africa
- 15 Best Colleges for Computer Science in India.
- 15 Scholarships for Tanzanians in India
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The University of Edinburgh is pleased to invite applications for the Lt.Col Jack Wishart Scholarship Program. The scholarship is exclusively open to University of Edinburgh students enrolled on the ChM Trauma and Orthopaedics (Online Distance Learning) program in the 2019-2020 academic session. Only those coming from the countries mentioned below are welcome to apply.