Low Tuition Universities in Greece
Greece is usually regarded as the place where Western civilization started from with about 70 years of human development and civilization. Students visiting the country will realise there a lot of reasons Greece is a great place to study including having a modern city, archaeological tradition and a rich geographical landscape.
This article will take a look at the cost of studying in Greece, application procedures as well as the list of low tuition universities in Greece.
COST OF LIVING IN GREECE
The cost of living in Greece largely depends on the way students spend and their lifestyle. As an estimate, the average living cost in Greece is about 1000 Euros a month which covers expenses like food, accommodation, books, transport and more.
COST OF STUDYING IN GREECE
Students from European Union countries who enroll for bachelor degree programs are usually not allowed to pay tuition fees but some master programs may require students to pay tuition fees. Students from non-European countries pay a tuition fee of about 1500 Euros every year for all study programs including course textbooks.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION
When applying for admission into a bachelor degree program in Greece, you will need to submit your application through the Hellenic Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs with these documents:
- Two passport-sized pictures
- Original school leaving certificate certified by the competent educational authority in your home nation
- A certificate that shows your citizenship and origin as well as your parents’ citizenship and origin
- A certificate that is issued by the competent educational authority or diplomatic authority to show and acknowledge that you qualify for higher education studies in your home nation
- An official statement to state that you have not been enrolled in higher education studies in Greece before or you do not have a degree from a Greek higher education institution
It is worth nothing that all documents must be translated into Greek and certified for their authenticity by a Greek diplomatic authority abroad or by the Translation Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Greece.
When apply for admission, you will to contact your chosen institution directly and download the application forms from their website fill it and submit with all the necessary documents. When the school gets your application you will be told about the status of your application.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION
When applying for undergraduate studies (first cycle) for the first time, you will need to submit your application usually at the end of July or the start of August of the same year you will be starting your program.
Below is a list of low tuition universities in Greece
- University of Patras
- International Hellenic University
- University of Piraeus
- Technical University of Crete