Love Your Career is glad to announce applications for its Career Scholarship 2020. The Love Your Career Scholarship is designed for all high school, college and university students in the USA.
Having a career is one of the best things that could happen to anyone. You enjoy what you do and still make money from it. Loving your career affects every aspect of your life.
Everyone around you, family and friends can see the difference in you when you’re doing what you love.
You exude so much excitement and enthusiasm as you head out each day. You’re happier and more fulfilled. You don’t feel the stress of work as much as other people do. In fact, you live longer!
What to Know About Love Your Career Scholarship 2020
The Love Your Career Scholarship is available to students attending an accredited college or university. You must submit an essay of at least 1,000 words describing at least three steps that you plan to take in the next year to start a path towards having a career that you love in order to qualify for this award.
Love Your Career Scholarship 2020 is a financial freedom scholarship and a career scholarship sponsored by Scott Jones, founder of Jones T-shirts.com.
It’s an important thing to start thinking about while still in college cause as the saying goes, “…plan for tomorrow today.” One such person who is a firm believer in Loving Your Career is Scott Jones and he, in turn, decided to ignite that same belief in younger people by creating the Love Your Career Scholarship.
Because of Scott Jones strong belief in the importance of loving your career, he started the scholarship to also help young students achieve their dreams. Scott started in the T-shirt business while still in high school.
His brother taught him how to make tie-dye shirts and together they would take their goods to sell at Grateful Dead concerts in Las Vegas and California.
Jones T-shirts.com after about 24 years has become a leading wholesale provider of blank T-shirts and apparel. Scott stuck with his passion for T-shirts and has made a full-time career out of it.
In participating for the Jones T-shirts scholarship, you must submit an essay of at least 1,000 words describing at least three steps that you plan to take in the next year to start a path towards having a career that you love in order to qualify for this award. Topics may include:
- What are your passions that could be turned into a career?
- What are some ideas you have for a business based on things that you love and are skilled at?
You must also interview a professional in your chosen field that has at least three years of experience.
Recipients of this scholarship for the previous years:
- Fall (September) 2018 Michelle Bailey, Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA
- Winter (January) 2018 Leo Shiner, Brown University in Providence, RI
- Fall (September) 2017 Emily Blakowski, Wayne State University in Detroit, MI
- Winter (January) 2017 Ashton Garrett, Johnson and Wales University in North Miami, FL
- Fall (September) 2016 Jeremy Rios, Brigham Young University
- Winter (January) 2016 Megan Wilks, University of Rhode Island, College of Pharmacy
- Fall (September) 2015 Cliff Weitzman, Brown University
- Winter (January) 2015 Katie Randall, University of Nevada, Reno
- Fall (September) 2014 Kaythari Phon, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, CA
- Winter (January) 2014 Hattie Jean Hayes, Arizona State University
- Fall (September) 2013 Molly Bowes-Janzen, Arizona State University
Essay Requirements in details
- The essay must consist of at least 1,000 words.
- At the top of your essay, write your full name, phone number, email address and the name of the school you will be attending.
- Outline at least 3 steps that you plan to take in the next year to start a path towards having a career that you love.
We want to hear unique, well thought out ideas. You have to make your essay unique and exciting. Let it stand out.
- You also have to interview a professional in the field that you are looking into and that has at least 3 years of experience in that field. Ask them at least 3 of the following questions and include the questions and answers as part of your essay;
- What initially inspired you to pursue the industry that you are currently in?
- What would be one important piece of advice for someone like me who is considering going into the field that you are in?
- What was the biggest hurdle that you encountered when you were first getting started in this field and how did you overcome it?
- What are some of the college courses that you took that had a lasting impact on your career?
- What are some aspects of your career that you didn’t know about or consider when you were starting out?
- What are some things I should be spending my time doing now outside of school to help prepare me for a career in this field?
- You must be a student enrolled in an accredited college or university located in the 50 United States.
- If you are applying for the winter scholarship, you must be enrolled for classes during that winter
- If you are applying for the fall scholarship, you must be enrolled for classes during that fall semester.
- You must follow all of the essay requirements and submission requirements outlined above in order to qualify.
- Any student who will be enrolled in a college or university at the time of the next deadline.
Please follow the steps under listed below carefully in order for your essay to be considered.
- The essay must be in PDF format. No exceptions.
- The file name of your PDF file must be your full name and the name of your school. For Example Scott-Jones-BYU.pdf
- Email your PDF file as well as a scanned copy of proof of enrollment to email@example.com. You are to send TWO separate attachments. Submissions with only 1 attachment will not be reviewed.
- Copy and paste the following into your Subject line: Winter/JANUARY 2020 SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION
- In the body of your email, please include your full name, phone number and the name of the school you are enrolled in.
The recipient of the scholarship will be notified by email or phone within 2 to 4 weeks of the deadline.
All submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by our panel of judges.
Credit will be given based on creativity, originality, passion, etc. The winning essay will be announced within 2 to 4 weeks of the deadline. Upon verification of eligibility, the student will be notified by email or phone of their award.
The student’s approved school will then receive a one-time disbursement of $1,000 as a scholarship for the winning student. The student is responsible to ensure receipt of funds by the school and notify us if such is not the case within 60 days of the announcement.
NOTE: In the event that the student’s school would prefer to have the award paid directly to the student as award money rather than being paid to the school as a scholarship, we will do so upon request.
Also, endeavor to follow the essay and the submission requirements EXACTLY as stated in order to qualify for review. Entries that do not meet the requirements will be disqualified.
Application deadline for submitting Love Career scholarship is listed below;
January 7 for Winter/January Semester.
September 10 for Fall/September Semester.
- Fully funded Wenner-Gren Foundation Ph.D. Fellowships for African Students
- Simple Procedures to get an Indian Student Visa Fast
- Tel Aviv University Postdoctoral, Doctoral and Visiting Fellowships in Israel
- Next-Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries 2020
- 2020 LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme
- EACVI Training Grants for International Students in Europe
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Vacancy
- Banting Postdoctoral Annual Fellowships For Canadian and International Students.
- 2020 Swedish Institute Creative Force Grants Program
- Thorlabs Engineering Scholarship Programme in the UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, Leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.