SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The Louisville Institute is currently accepting applications for the Louisville Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. Both Canadian and U.S. scholars are welcome to apply. They must have completed all Ph.D. work and received their degree by the time the postdoctoral fellowship begins in September. The winning fellows will receive a range of benefits including $25,000. The deadline is 1 December every year.
Six winners will be selected to receive the benefits of $25,000 plus insurance, housing & moving benefits.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral program in a variety of academic disciplines, including, but not limited to, history, ethics, the social sciences, biblical studies, and historical, systematic, and practical theology.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Current occupation/profession is academic degree program
- Enrolled in first or second year of doctoral study. Preference will be given to recent Ph.D. graduates
- Have completed all Ph.D. work and received their degree by the time the postdoctoral fellowship begins in September
- Former LI Dissertation Fellows are eligible to apply for the Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Scholars from the U.S. and Canada are eligible to apply, and the fellowship can be assigned to theological schools in the U.S. or Canada
- Applicants should describe their commitment to the Christian church and theological education and suggest how their doctoral work has prepared them appropriately for a career in theological school teaching
U.S. and Canadian citizens are welcome to apply.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
- Application Essay: In 1,500 words (double-spaced and typed in a 12-point font), describe both your interest in theological school teaching and the relationship you see between the nature of your doctoral preparation and the challenge of theological education in the twenty-first century.
- One official copy of each of your graduate and professional school transcripts sent by the institutions or dossier service directly to the Louisville Institute
- Two Letters of Recommendation
1 December every year.