L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship for African Women in Science 2019
Offers are up for the L’Oréal UNESCO Fellowship For Women in Science 2019. Applications are invited from talented young African women scientists to receive fellowship grants to pursue promising research projects.
Founded in 1998, the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Sub-Saharan Africa Fellowships aims to promote and encourage young African women in science. Its programs reward established women scientists whose outstanding achievements have contributed to the advancement of scientific knowledge and of its benefits to society and provide support to promising young women who are already making significant contributions in their scientific disciplines.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Level/Field of Study
This program identifies and rewards talented young female scientists in the field of Life Sciences (such as biology, biochemistry, biophysics, genetics, physiology, neurosciences, biotechnologies, ecology and ethology) as well as Physical Sciences (such as physics, chemistry, petroleum engineering, mathematics, engineering sciences, information sciences, and earth and universe sciences).
Sub-Saharan African Universities. You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates. A must read if you want to win this award: 15 Important Tips on Winning a Scholarship
South Africa, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Namibia, Níger, Nigeria, Uganda, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tomé & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Chad, Togo, Zambia and Zimbabwe
€5,000 each will be granted to 12 African PhD. Students enrolled in- an African University. €10,000 each will be granted to 2 African postdoctoral researchers- working in a laboratory or research institute registered in one of the region’s countries.
Number of Fellowship
Every year, the Program honours 14 talented African women (12 for doc & 2 for Postdoc) for the quality of their research and encourages them to pursue a brilliant career in science in any Sub-Saharan African country.
2 out of the 14 Fellowships, one at doctorate and one at the post-doctorate level, will be given to South African women working or studying in South Africa.
Eligibility for L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2019
Applicants must meet the following general criteria:
- Having obtained a PhD degree in Life or Physical Sciences or pursuing studies leading to a PhD degree
- Having the nationality of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Working in a Research Laboratory or Institution in one of the region’s countries or being- enrolled in a doctoral programme at a University in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Candidates must be no more than 40 years old by the end of the application period for- PhD and not more than 45 years for Post-doctoral.
Selection Criteria: The selection criteria of the candidate by the jury are the following:
- The candidate’s outstanding academic records (including number, quality and impact of the publications (impact factors to be submitted), conference presentations, patents…)
- The scientific quality of the research project
- The innovative nature and productivity of the research and its potential application in science
- The ability of the candidate to communicate and promote sciences to a younger audience and to encourage young African female scientists.
- The candidate’s career-path
How to Apply for L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2019
Applications can be only made through the online platform www.fwis.fr by the candidates themselves. An application is considered complete only if it includes all documents below:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (including outreach activities among youth, tutoring, etc.)
- Certified copies of the degrees or recent diplomas-
- Proof of having obtained a PhD degree for postdoctoral candidates-
- Proof of being enrolled in an African University for doctoral candidates-
- A detailed project of maximum 2 pages, including:
- The research project description
- The proposed use of the grant motivating the candidature with some budget indications
- Letters of recommendation from the research supervisor and/or the director of the- scientific institution where the research project is carried or the Dean of the University under which the candidate is running her research
- The list of publications and patents
Incomplete files or received after the deadline for application, as well as candidatures that do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be taken into consideration.
L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2019 Application Deadline
The L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2019 Application closes in19th April 2019
L’Oreal UNESCO Fellowship 2019 Application Link
Fellowship is granted by the L’Oréal Foundation and L’Oréal South Africa in partnership with the UNESCO Multi-Sectoral Office in Eastern Africa and the African Network of Scientific and Technological Institutions (ANSTI).
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- Fully funded Wenner-Gren Foundation PhD Fellowships for African Students, 2019
- Simple Procedures to get an Indian Student Visa Fast
- Tel Aviv University Postdoctoral, Doctoral and Visiting Fellowships in Israel, 2019
- Next Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries 2019/2020
- 2019 LEAP Africa Graduate Internship Programme
- EACVI Training Grants for International Students in Europe, 2019
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership Vacancy 2019
- Banting Postdoctoral Annual Fellowships For Canadian and International Students.
- 2019 Swedish Institute Creative Force Grants Program
- Thorlabs Engineering Scholarship Programme 2019 in UK
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
World Scholarship Forum