Applications for the Logics Doctoral Positions for International Students in Computer Science, Austria,is currently available and submissions for this position by Applicants will end by June 15th, September 1st, December 1st, March 1st. Eligibility criteria is of the essence as applicants are advised to read it through carefully before applying.Citizens from all countries who have completed an excellent diploma or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field are eligible to apply
Applications are invited for doctoral positions in Computer Science for a period of 3 years. The funding can be extended for one additional year contingent on a placement at one of international partner institutions. Up to 30% of the positions are reserved for highly qualified female candidates. Candidates with comparable achievements will be considered on a case-by-case basis. . Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at three Austrian universities: Vienna University of Technology, Graz University of Technology and Johannes Kepler University Linz | Austria
Level: PhD program
Field(s): Positions are available in the field of Computer Science. The LogiCS doctoral college focuses on interdisciplinary research topics covering
- Answer Set Programming
- Description Logic
- Database Theory
- Model Checking
- Proof Theory and Automated Deduction
- QBF Solving
Deadline: June 15th, September 1st, December 1st, March 1st.
Funded By: Austrian Science Fund
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): logics doctoral positions are targeted for Citizens from all countries can apply for these doctoral positions
‣ No. of awards: One doctoral student position per faculty member is available where 30% of the positions are reserved for highly qualified female candidates.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : These doctoral positions are available for a period of 3 years. The funding can be extended for one additional year contingent on a placement at one of international partner institutions.
‣Value of Scholarship : In accordance with FWF regulations and the collective bargaining agreement of the Austrian universities, the doctoral students will be employed as a researcher at a yearly salary of EUR 20,047.38 after taxes and social/health insurance deductions (effective April 2017; the average Austrian salary over all age groups is EUR 20,596.00). There are additional salary supplements and tax deductions for families with children.
‣ LogiCS is a doctoral college focusing on logic and its applications in computer science. Successful applicants will work with and be supervised by leading researchers in the fields of computational logic, databases and knowledge representation, and computer-aided verification.
‣ The logics doctoral positions applicants are expected to have completed an excellent diploma or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field.
‣ Candidates with comparable achievements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications by the candidates need to be submitted electronically.
Please download the application form and follow the instructions below. All information provided in the application form must be accurate and complete. All correspondence will be made via e-mail using the e-mail address you have specified in the online application form. Please check your e-mails regularly and keep your mailbox ready to receive.
Attach 2 separate PDF files as follows:
Important: The PDF form has to be filled out electronically and saved in PDF format. To ensure the data is saved properly, we recommend that you use Adobe Reader. We cannot accept scanned versions – the form will be processed electronically.
All other required documents in the order stated below. Please merge all these documents (except the application form) into a single PDF file named documents.pdf. The file size should not exceed 5 MB.
- Evidence of prior achievement
Degree certificates (Bachelor’s and Master’s degree or higher) of a post-secondary education institution including course transcripts and an explanation of the grading system(s) used in these degree certificates.
- Abstract of diploma / Master’s thesis
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation Letter
- At least two letters of recommendation
At least one of your referees should have a scientific background.
If your referees prefer, letters of recommendation may be sent separately to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the applicant’s name.
- Certificate of English language proficiency (see below)
- Scan of the applicant’s passport
Only the pages containing your personal data and picture.
- Officially certified transcripts of degree certificate(s)
Only for non-EU citizens (excl. Swiss nationals).
- Optional: Research proposal
If the subject and file names were correct, you will receive an automatically generated confirmation email. Please recheck the subject and file names if you do not receive such an email! In case of subsequent corrections of a successful submission please contact us and do not submit the form a second time. If we receive two or more application forms from the same person, we will not consider any of them.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 15th, September 1st, December 1st, March 1st.
‣ Application forms ( Application Form ) and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.