Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania USA, commonly abbreviated LHU, is a state university located in Lock Haven, in central Pennsylvania; United States of America.
It is located along the West Branch Susquehanna River, and is roughly 30 miles (48 km) from the major towns of Williamsport and the State College.
The Lock Haven University is one of the fourteen members of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. Lock Haven’s main campus consists of 200 acres (81 ha), and the branch campus covers 12.9 acres (5.2 ha).
It enrolls about 5,500 students, including 500 students at a branch campus in Clearfield, Pennsylvania. It also offers 69 undergraduate programs and 4 graduate programs.
Between Lock Haven and Clearfield, Lock Haven University offers more than sixty degree programs at associate, baccalaureate and master’s level. Places of study are divided between the University’s three colleges, Liberal Arts and Education, Natural, Behavioral and Health Sciences, & Business, Information Systems and Human Services.
The MS of Science in Mental Health counseling course is ranked seventh nationwide by the GoGrad website, and it is one of the courses offered online by LHU.
The athletics teams at LHU have been known as the Bald Eagles since 1937 after a vote by the student body. There are seven men’s teams and nine women’s of which all are competing in the NCAA Division II aside from men’s wrestling and women’s field hockey, which compete in Division I.
The American football games are played at the Hubert Jack stadium, which has up to 3,500 seats.
Some alumni from LHU include three Congressman from Pennsylvania, America’s Next Top Model winner Brittani Kline, and mixed martial artist Jamie Varner.
A Brief History about Lock Haven University
Lock Haven University was originally founded in 1870 as the Central State Normal School. As at 1927 it was known as the State Teachers College in Lock Haven and in 1960 the name was changed to Lock Haven State College.
In 1983, it joined the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and became known as Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania.
The Clearfield campus located in Clearfield, Pennsylvania was then established in 1989.
Lock Haven University’s past president Craig Dean Willis retired from Lock Haven in 2004 and nearly almost began an interim presidency at Eastern Michigan University.
The vacancy left by Craig Dean Willis was promptly filled by Keith T. Miller, a graduate of the University of Arizona. He then departed and upon his departure, Barbara Dixon, former president of Truman State University was made Interim President in 2010.
Dr. Michael Fiorentino, Jr. then became President in 2011 and has served in that capacity until he retiredin March, 2018.
Lock Haven University Tuition
Lock Haven University tuition was originally $7,238 per year for in-state residents. This was 6% more expensive than the national average public four year tuition of $6,841.
The cost was 72% cheaper than the average Pennsylvania tuition of $25,929 for 4 year colleges. Lock Haven University tuition ranks 6th in Pennsylvania amongst 4 year colleges for affordability and is the 124th most expensive 4 year college in the state. When attending from out-of-state as at 2016, the tuition was $16,096 which represents a 122% premium.
The school charges additional fees of $2,991 in addition to tuition bringing the total effective in-state tuition to $10,229.
On campus room and board is provided by the school at a cost of $9,588 per academic year. Students who want to live off campus elsewhere in Lock Haven should budget at least this amount.
Books and Supplies
The estimated annual cost for books and supplies is $1,650.
Other Living Expenses
For living on-campus, students should budget for $4,120 in additional living expenses. Off-campus students should budget for $4,120 in other miscellaneous living expenses.
The total Lock Haven University tuition and living expense budget for in-state Pennsylvania residents is $25,587 for the 2015/2016 academic year. Out-of-state students who don’t have Pennsylvania residence can expect a one year cost of $34,445.
For academic year 2017-2018, the undergraduate Lock Haven University tuition & fees is $10,576 for in-state and $20,056 for out-of-state students. The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at Lock Haven University is $10,935 for in-state and $20,819 for out-of-state students.
The 2018 undergraduate tuition has been raised by 3.39% for in-state rates and 3.80% for out-of-state rates from the previous year. The graduate tuition has been raised by 3.47% for in-state rates and 3.38% for out-of-state rates from the previous year.
The Living costs has increased by 3.65% from the previous year for both on-campus and off-campus stay.
Lock Haven University Tuition (2016-2018)
|Year||In-state||Out of state||On campus room and board, other expenses|
|Change % 2017-2018||3.39%||3.80%||3.65%|
Some Notable Alumni of LHU
- Habern W. Freeman, Maryland politician
- Jim Larkin,NFL player
- Harris Jacob Bixler, United States of America Congressman from Pennsylvania, 1921–27
- Harry L. Haines, United States of America Congressman from Pennsylvania, 1931–39 and 1941–43
- Red Murray, professionalMLB baseball player.
- Buell Snyder, United States of America Congressman from Pennsylvania, 1933–46
- Kevin O’Dea,NFL assistant special teams coach for several teams, presently with the Kansas City Chiefs
- Jamie Varner, All-American wrestler andNCBA Champion; retired professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Charlie Brenneman, Bald Eagle wrestler and ProfessionalMMA fighter, formerly in the UFC’s Lightweight Division
- Tim Boetsch, ProfessionalMixed Martial Artist, currently competing for the Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Charley Molnar, Head Coach of UMass Minutemen football
- Tym De SantoFinalist, HGTV Star, Host, Style File Show, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Kevin RushTMBSL Manager & Owner New Jersey Nets
- Brittani Kline, Winner,America’s Next Top Model, Cycle 16.
- Sara McMann, 2004 OlympicSilver Medalist in the women’s freestyle wrestling.
- Tina MartinHead Coach of University of Delaware Women’s Basketball (1996–present)
- Cary Kolatfour times Pennsylvania State Champion in wrestling, two times NCAA Champion Wrestling, current coach of Campbell University; Competed in 2000 Sydney Olympics. A three-time World Cup gold medalist also won World silver and bronze medals.
- Michael K. Hanna, Sr., a Democratic member and Minority Whip of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Most Students make a mistake of applying for a University knowing in details the Tuition Fees. We latest updates on lock haven university tuition & others