Ongoing Local Scholarships in Kenya
Kenya is a location with a difference in Africa and is one of those places where nature is preserved and enjoyed in the heart of Africa. It also has in it, great opportunities to offer Local scholarships and financial aid to enable her students and scholars study tuition-free or at a subsidized rate.
Kenya has quite a lot of Local scholarship opportunities for her local students and residents that offers them a viable medium of pursuing their academic dreams without undue financial pressure or in most cases, totally tuition-free.
In our writing today, we are making available to you, the list of ongoing Local scholarships in Kenya, its worth and its eligibility. Also, click on the scholarship title to access more information and to commence the application.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
Scholarship Worth: The MEST African Tech Entrepreneurs Training program is fully funded, including free tuition, board and room, 3 meals per day and also a small monthly stipend.
- All participants must give personal information that’s accurate and true.
- Accepted candidates must be able to commit to spending a year in Accra, Ghana at the MEST training program starting August.
- Round-trip flight ticket and visa costs (using a preferred travel agent and calculated against direct linear distance)
- Direct participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees, and service fees, where applicable
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Health, Accident, and Travel)
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period
- Master: €600 for 24 months
- Doctorates: €900 for 48 months
- Staff: €1000 for 6 months
To apply for P4hpt Ph.D. and Masters Scholarships, applicants are required to meet the requirements based on the target group
- Applicants must be nationals and/or residents in Kenya
- African nationals and residents registered in a higher education institution in Kenya not included in the partnership, or who have obtained a higher education institution degree or equivalent from such an institution.
The scholarship benefits involve that thirty Fellows are selected annually across the four countries for the six-month program, each receiving a considerable monthly stipend plus coverage of their high-speed internet access, and other expenses as determined by the aKoma team.
- applicants should reside or be available in Nairobi, Kenya
- Applicants must commit to 8-10 hours every week to participate in Amplify activities. No exceptions will be made. Please do not apply if you can’t make this commitment
- Be able to show samples of your work, and have a visible presence on social media that display your work on the web
- Offers participants a serene environment for research
- provision of funds necessary for your research study
- Applications must be completed online in English.
- All materials must be submitted together.
- Your application will not be sent until you hit the Submit button. After you have submitted, you will receive an e-mail notifying you that your application has been received.
- Once submitted, no changes are allowed. It is a good idea to print a copy of your application before you submit. -Attachments cannot exceed 4 MB.
- Applicants must have attained at least an Upper Second Class Honours or its equivalent at Bachelors level
- Applicants must have a letter of offer for postgraduate studies at the University of Nairobi
- This scholarship is intended for Masters studies ONLY.
Scholarship Worth: The Trust disbursed scholarship funds to Universities and other colleges as bursaries for students with financial needs.
The Trust is meant for needy Kenyan students in higher institutions at both Public and Private Universities, Polytechnics, and other institutions of tertiary education. More than 50 institutions benefit from the Rattansi Bursary awards.
The scholarship loan is going to primarily finance the total tenure of the students’ study, taking care of all financial responsibilities
Eligible candidates are to be;
- Government of Kenya-Sponsored Students placed by Kenya Universities & Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) and admitted by the universities.
- Direct Entry Undergraduate Self-Sponsored Students.
Scholarship Worth: The scholarship program is to take care of the financial responsibilities of the students throughout her period of study
Applicants must be a citizen of Kenya
The scholarship program/fund will see to the financial responsibilities of the student during her studies in the university
- A young woman between the ages of 18 – 25 years.
- Kenyan citizens currently residing in Kenya
- The scholarship is limited to applicants who have enrolled in a Kenyan university
- Ability to demonstrate the environmental conservation project(s) they have started or have been involved in and how those initiatives have impacted people in their community, in ways that have improved environmental health and sustainability, and the fund’s goals of achieving a greener, cleaner and a more sustainable community.
CFC Stanbic Bank and USIU will pay all tuition costs as well as library, medical and Students Affairs Council (SAC) fees. The successful candidates will be required to meet other costs not mentioned in this advert.
Applicants are expected to have the following:
A mean grade of B (Plain) or better in the recent Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a grade of C+ (plus) in English and Mathematics.
The scholarship value accrues up to $50 per month or $600 per year to assist recipients with living expenses.
Eligibility: To qualify for this scholarship,
- one must be needy, bright, and have a record of satisfactory educational achievement.
- Must be a student from Busia, Bungoma, Kakamega and Vihiga counties
- Must have just completed high school
- Mawazo Ph.D. Scholars receive the following benefits:
- A research grant worth Ksh 500,000 on average (precise value will vary depending on the amount needed for each Scholar’s research)
- Training in research methods, academic writing, grant writing, public engagement, and the publication process
- Research and editorial support from the Mawazo staff
- Travel grants for participation in regional or international conferences
- Connections to mentors, and industry and government leaders, in their field
- A dedicated desk at Mawazo’s office at Ikigai, Spring Valley, Nairobi.
Applicants should apply for the Mawazo Ph.D. Scholars programme if you are:
- A woman under the age of 40 (as of 1 January 2018)
- A citizen of an African country
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. programme at a Kenyan university
- In any department in the social sciences or a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) field
- Studying a topic related to energy or climate change
- Working on or about to begin working on an academic research project which is intended for publication
- Currently living in Kenya, or otherwise able to travel to Nairobi at least two times per month for the rest of 2018
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The fellowship is valued at R300 000 per annum. The fellowship may be renewed for a second year depending on satisfactory progress and mutual agreement.
Applicants must have:
- A Ph.D. degree (achieved within 2 years of this application) in an area of Human Genetics, Molecular/Cell Biology or Bioinformatics.
- Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques (e.g. cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, and fragment analysis, DNA and RNA isolation, quantitative Real-Time PCR, RNA interference), and immunoblotting), common cell biology techniques (e.g. immunofluorescence). Experience in sequence library preparation (e.g., using the Illumina NextSeq™ 500)
- Experience in basic statics like R, SPSS, and STATA
- Previous experience in LIMS and quality control
Scholarship Worth: These include tuition fees and Research-related costs.
- Only Kenyan applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- For MSc: Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science.
- For Ph.D.: Applicants must have a Master degree.
Scholarship Worth: The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to successful African candidates.
- Scholarship awardees should be committed to working in Africa after graduation.
- Candidates with potential, motivation and who desire to play transformative leadership roles as academics, professionals, industrialists, innovators, and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply
- Bloomfield College Tuition: Scholarships and Costs of Living 2019
- 71+ Ongoing Local Scholarships in Tanzania 2019-2020 [Updated]
- Langara College Scholarships, Tuition, and Cost of Living in 2019-2020
- Ongoing War Orphans Scholarship 2019-2020
- 17 US scholarships for Botswana students 2019-2020
- DCU Executive MBA Ambition Scholarships in Ireland, 2019
- 15+ Canada Scholarships for Cameroonian Students, 2019-2020
- 15 Scholarships for Uganda in Germany 2019-2020
- 15 International Scholarships in the UK for Algerians 2019-2020
- Elims Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students 2019-2020
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
These Ongoing Local Scholarships in Kenya offer Kenya students the opportunity to study and complete their degree program at any level free or at a low Tuition fee. See detailed information on how to apply.