Are you a Botswana student looking for ongoing local scholarships in Botswana? You are in the right place, as the World Scholarship Forum Team brings to you a list of ongoing local scholarships in Botswana 2020.
Botswana officially the Republic of Botswana is a landlocked country located in Southern Africa. Formerly the British protectorate of Bechuanaland, Botswana adopted its new name after becoming independent within the Commonwealth.
Therefore, If you are a qualified scholar needing help to realize your dreams, don’t miss out on the following scholarships in Botswana.
These Botswana scholarships provided on this portal are very much available for Undergraduates, Masters, and Ph.D. students.
Some of these scholarships are from the governments, local companies, international organizations, and financial aid bodies who have taken it upon themselves to see that students like you get the required financial help you need not minding the civil unrest in the region.
- List Of Ongoing Local Scholarships In Botswana
- WE ALSO RECOMMEND
List Of Ongoing Local Scholarships In Botswana
Take advantage of the opportunity and apply for any of the Botswana Scholarships to study financially free.
- Afya Bora Global Health Fellowships
- UCT Genetics Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for Sub-Saharan Africans in Africa
- Ministry of Education and Skills Development Scholarship
- Debswana Scholarship
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships at the University of Botswana
#1. Afya Bora Global Health Fellowships
Global Health Fellowships – Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply all applicants MUST meet the following criteria
- Be a citizen of the US, Kenya, Botswana, Uganda, or Tanzania
- Meet ONE of the following education requirements
1. Medical applicants need to have an M.D. or MBChB with an MMed, MPH, or Master’s degree in a related field.
2. Nursing applicants need to have a Master’s degree in Nursing, Public Health, or a related field (Ph.D. preferred).
3. Other Public Health professionals (those without a clinical degree) must have a Ph.D. in Public Health or a related field.
Global Health Fellowships – What does it cover?
- African trainees -airfare (home-Botswana- attachment sites–Kenya–attachment site- Uganda–home)
- Monthly stipend equivalent to $1500 per month
- Evacuation insurance if stationed outside the home country
- Accommodations and per diem up if attending didactic sessions and meetings outside of the home country -reimbursement for visa cost US Trainees.
- Existing fellowship stipend
- Round trip airfare from the home city- Africa -airfare within Africa to attachment site placement and modules -reimbursement for other selected fellowship-specific activities in Africa (i.e. travel to rural sites, visa, etc)
- Support request for an NIH loan repayment up to $35,000 for one year (eligible applicants are limited to postdocs) OR
- Monthly stipend based on NRSA 2012 stipend levels -stipend cap is at 2 years post-doctoral level
- Round trip airfare from home city-Africa -airfare within Africa to attachment site placement and modules
- Per diem when attending didactic sessions and meetings
- Housing allowance of up to $750 per month -support request for an NIH loan repayment up to $35,000 for one year (eligible applicants are limited to postdocs)
- Reimbursement for other selected fellowship-specific activities in Africa (i.e. travel to rural sites, visa, etc.).
For more information, clich Here
#2. UCT Genetics Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for Sub-Saharan Africans in Africa
Applicants must have:
- A Ph.D. degree (achieved within 2 years of this application) in an area of Human Genetics, Molecular/Cell Biology or Bioinformatics.
- Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques (e.g. cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, and fragment analysis, DNA and RNA isolation, quantitative Real-Time PCR, RNA interference), and immunoblotting), common cell biology techniques (e.g. immunofluorescence). Experience in sequence library preparation (e.g., using the Illumina NextSeq™ 500)
- Experience in basic statics like R, SPSS, and STATA
- Previous experience in LIMS and quality control
The following would be helpful:
- Evidence of a publication record
- Bioinformatics skill set needed to process raw FASTQ files
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship is valued at R300 000 per annum. The fellowship may be renewed for a second year depending on satisfactory progress and mutual agreement.
#3. Ministry of Education and Skills Development Scholarship
- a) Botswana citizen who is NOT gainfully employed.
- b) Applicants must be able to complete the program of study before turning thirty-five (35) years of age.
- c) The cut-off point for 2016/2017sponsorship is 36 points.
- d) Candidates who have upgraded their results must also have a minimum of 36 points.
The Ministry of Education and Skills Development Scholarship is fully funded.
#4. Debswana Scholarship
Applications are now open!
To qualify for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
– Must be Botswana nationals.
– Must have successfully completed either BGCSE or IGCSE or equivalent in
the year 2020.
– Must have completed Year 1 A-Levels or equivalent in 2019 and be in
possession of the results.
– Must have obtained grades A or better (or equivalent) in Mathematics,
Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and English.
– Must be highly motivated and ready to commit to the terms of the
– Must not be enrolled in another scholarship program at the time of application.
The Debswana scholarship is fully funded.
#5. Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships at the University of Botswana
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships at the University of Botswana is open to Botswana students.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships at the University of Botswana is a fully-funded scholarship for Botswana students.
These Local scholarships for Botswana students are in exhaustive, therefore I recommend you explore our Botswana scholarship category for more free Botswana bursaries.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Homer Fund Orange Scholars Scholarship
- Hrant Dink Foundation Turkey-Armenia Fellowship Scheme
- List of Fully Funded International Scholarships for African Students (Anywhere In The World )
- Ongoing Local Scholarships in Zambia
- P4hpt PhD and Masters Scholarships for African Students
- 15 Scholarships For Cameroonian Students To Study In Australia
- DAAD-AIMS Scholarships for African Students
- Ongoing Local Scholarships In Uganda
- 15 Scholarships For Cameroonian Students To Study In Finland
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible