The University of Lausanne is delighted to offer LLM Scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year . These scholarships are awarded to prospective students to finance and support their pursuit of the LLM Programme in International and European Economic and Commercial Law.This scholarship is aimed at allowing more students to take part in studying an LLM program despite the economic crisis in many countries and the high exchange rate of the Swiss franc.
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, before being made a university in 1890. Today about 13,500 students and 2,200 researchers study and work at the university.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing LLM Programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in International and European Economic and Commercial Law.
Scholarship Award: Up to 15’000 CHF scholarships are now being awarded to prospective students.
Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility: A number of programme-specific scholarships to cover part of the tuition fee are available:
- Otto-Riese Scholarship: Otto-Riese Scholarships cover 75% of tuition fees. The student pays only 25% of the tuition fees but must pay the full amount of the semester fees (160 Swiss Francs per semester). These scholarships will be awarded to students who in their prior academic activity have shown their outstanding research and study capabilities and have obtained the highest results.
- Jean-Barbeyrac Scholarships: Jean-Barbeyrac Scholarships cover 50% of tuition fees. The student pays only 50% of the tuition fees but must pay the full amount of the semester fees (160 Swiss Francs per semester. Currently up to four “Jean Barbeyrac Scholarships” are available. They will be awarded to students who in their prior academic activity have shown their extraordinary research and study capabilities and obtained outstanding results.
- Vilfredo-Pareto-Scholarships: Vilfredo-Pareto Scholarships cover 25% of the tuition fees. In addition to the remaining 75% of the tuition fees the sutdents pay the normal semester fees (160 Swiss Francs per semester). Currently up to eight “Vilfredo Pareto Scholarships” are available. They will be awarded to students from developing countries who in their prior academic activity have shown their extraordinary research and study capabilities and obtained outstanding results.
Nationality: Students from Switzerland are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The programme is open to candidates holding a University diploma in law corresponding to a Swiss “MLaw” degree. Normally this corresponds to at least 4,5 years of study within the Bologna system and means that students hold both a Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) and a Master’s degree (90 ECTS credits).
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Participants must prove a good knowledge of English in their motivation letter (number of years of Language classes taken, specific experience in an English-speaking environment etc.) and IELTS or TOEFL test. Normally, we expect candidates to have a minimum TOEFL score of 580 (paper-based) or 237 (computer-based) or 92 (internet-based). Proof of an equivalent level of language proficiency may be acceptable. In any case, you should know that we expect you to be able to follow classes entirely held in English and to write your assignments in English. The University provides classes in “English as a foreign language” which we encourage you to take if you should feel the need to further improve you skills.
How to Apply: Students who wish to apply for one of these scholarships are requested to do so at the same time as they apply for admission to the programme by sending their scholarship request by post. To apply for PhD programmme, candidate must submit an online application form. In order to complete the form, the candidate will need to provide personal data and information on his/her educational background and professional experience.
- Copies of all university diplomas and transcripts
- Certified Copy of the authenticated translation of documents not written in French, German, English or Italian
- Motivation letter
- 2 reference letters
- Passport format photograph
- Copy of first 2 pages of your passport
- Copy of a working/student/residency permit (if exists)
- Copy of the proof of payment of 200 Swiss francs for the administrative fees (for candidates who do not hold a Swiss university degree)
- Copy of the ex-matriculation letter (for candidates who hold a Swiss university degree)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.