Are you a journalist seeking global recognition? Then, the Livingston Awards for journalists worth $10,000 is right for you.
The Livingston Awards at the University of Michigan are American journalism awards issued to media professionals under the age of 35 for local, national, and international reporting. They are the largest, all-media, general reporting prizes in America.
So, in this article, you will learn how about the Livingston awards and how to apply for it.
Here we go!
About Livingston Awards For Young Journalists
Firstly, the Livingston award is popularly referred to as the “Pulitzer for the Young”. Mollie Parnis Livingston, one of America’s first fashion designers known by name, established the Livingston Awards in 1981 to honor her son, Robert, who published the journalism review More. Since 1981, the Livingston Awards have recognized outstanding local, national and international reporting by young journalists.
What happens after winning The Livingston Award?
Beyond the award-winning, Livingston winners go on to share their stories with audiences beyond journalism at speaking engagements arranged by the Livingston Awards. The Livingston Lectures, part of the Wallace House Presents event series, spark conversation and connect winners to communities affected by the issues exposed in the winning stories.
Where is The Livingston Award held?
The Livingston Awards are presented at a luncheon event in New York City. Leading media figures and the winners’ families and colleagues attend to honor the winners and acknowledge their role in the future of American journalism.
All You Need to Know about Livingston Awards
Prizes of $10,000 will be presented in three categories: local, national and international reporting. There is no entry fee. Prize money is paid directly to the journalists, not the media organization. So, here are the criteria to qualify:
- Entrants must be 34 years of age or younger as of December 31, 2021.
- Multiple bylines are eligible, but all must meet the age criteria.
- One entry per individual is accepted. One entry can be a single piece or a maximum of three pieces either from a published series, an original piece and its follow-up developments or three pieces clearly tied together in a beat. All pieces of the series must be published by the same organization. There is no limit to the number of entries that a media organization can submit, provided that they enter only one entry per reporter.
- Print, online, video, audio and data visualization work is eligible. Still, photography is not eligible.
- The work must appear in U.S. controlled media. Entrants are not required to be U.S. citizens.
- Entries must be directly related to current events or include new information about old events. Features and commentary are eligible.
- Submissions must consist of materials prepared in the ordinary course of the journalist’s professional production. Materials prepared by journalists specifically for submission to the Livingston Awards do not qualify.
- Student media are not eligible.
- Individuals may apply on their own, or be entered by their organization.
- Competition is limited to work published or appearing during the calendar year ending December 31, yearly.
- Winners will participate in an outreach event arranged by the Livingston Awards.
The Livingston Awards for Journalists is worth $10,000.
Open to all. Not just U.S Citizens
How To Apply
The entry process is online. Before starting the online entry process, please read this page. It contains information on the entry form and upload requirements.
- To enter, you will register to create a log in. You can save your information and return to the entry form at any time before your final submission.
- If you are unable to apply online, please contact us.
- The Livingston Awards reserves the right to use any part or whole of any entry for publicity or educational purposes.
The deadline for 2021 work is February 1, 2021. After which applications will not be considered. Finalists will be notified by April 1, 2021. The announcement of winners will take place on June 4, 2021.
For more detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship, it is important to visit the official website.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is Livingston award?
Livingston award for young journalists is worth $10,000
How old am i not eligible for livingston awards?
Entrants must be 34 years of age or younger as of December 31, yearly. So, if you are above 34 years, you are not eligible.
which country is eligible for livingston awards?
Entry for livingston awards for young journalist is open to all.
where is Livingston awards holding?
The Livingston Awards are presented at a luncheon event in New York City.
What works are eligible to submit for livingston awards
Print, online, video, audio and data visualization work is eligible. Still, photography is not eligible.
when is deadline for entry submission for livingston awards?
The deadline for the work is February 1, 2021.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.