SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
Lila Fahlman Scholarship for Muslim Women in Canada.
CCMW (Canadian Council of Muslim Women) is offering Lila Fahlman Scholarship for Muslim women. Scholarships will be awarded to women who are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate programs at a Canadian college or university. Two scholarships of $1000 will be awarded. These scholarships are open to Canadian Muslim women. Preference for one of the scholarships may be given to a Muslim woman of African descent. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: Undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate programs at a Canadian college or university.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses available at Canadian college or university.
Deadline: June 30, 2017
Funded By: CCMW with generous donations from Ash-Lee Maritime Inc., Fadumo Gurey, CCMW members and friends.
|Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Lila Fahlman Scholarship is targeted forCanadian Muslim women. Preference for one of the scholarships may be given to a Muslim woman of African descent.|
‣ Award No: Two scholarships for Muslim women will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration:
‣ Scholarship covers: Two scholarships of $1000 will be awarded.
‣ The L Fahlman Scholarship is named after the late Dr. Lila Fahlman, a renowned educator and founder of CCMW (Canadian Council of Muslim Women).
‣ The scholarship is sponsored by CCMW with generous donations from Ash-Lee Maritime Inc., Fadumo Gurey, CCMW members and friends.
‣ Two scholarships of $1000 will be awarded to two Canadian Muslim women who are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate programs at a Canadian college or university.
‣ Preference for one of the scholarships may be given to a Muslim woman of African descent.
Have what it takes to avail Lila Fahlman Scholarship?
A Muslim woman student who is:
‣ Has had experience with the Canadian Council of Muslim Women, which could include volunteering, membership, or through workshop participation.
‣ A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. Please stipulate clearly which category you fall into.
‣ Enrolled in a full-time graduate or undergraduate diploma or certificate program at a Canadian college or university for the academic year 2017-2018.
‣ Committed to completing the full academic year. Should the candidate not complete the year, they must return the funds.
‣ Making a recognized positive contribution to society through civic engagement and/or volunteering experience. -Demonstrating financial need.
‣ Scholarship recipient to be announced early fall 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Download the application form below, complete the application requirements, and submit all applicable application materials according to the instruction in the application form by the deadline,June 30, 2017
- Write an essay describing the reasons why you would be a worthy recipient of this scholarship. Include your contribution to civic engagement at the community level, other volunteer activities, your academic achievements, your most important accomplishments and your future goals. (No more than 500 words).
- Provide a brief outline of your budget for the coming year including information on your expected sources of funding (e.g. employment contribution, parents contribtion, and other scholarhsip and loans)housing, travel, food, books, student loans, parent support, other scholarships, etc.).
- Upload two letters of reference, which may be from a teacher from your high school, college or university; and someone who is familiar with your community service.
- Provide the name of the instution you are enrolled in, name of the department scholarship has to be sent to, address of the department and student number.
- Upload your transcripts.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 30, 2017
Scholarship recipients will be announced early Fall 2017.
Scholarship money will be deposited to the educational institution that the student is attending.
Access the online scholarship application here.
Should you have any questions, you can contact the chair of the scholarship selection committee: Dr. Nafeesa Sheikh at firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.