Leiden University Scholarships
Leiden University in South Africa is delighted to call for applications for the LEIDEN UNIVERSITY SOUTH AFRICA SCHOLARSHIP 2019, eligible South African scholars are by this notice invited to hurry and apply for this program.
Leiden University, founded in the city of Leiden, is the oldest university in the Netherlands. The university was founded in 1575 by William, Prince of Orange, leader of the Dutch Revolt in the Eighty Years’ War.
The Dutch Royal Family and Leiden University still have a close relationship; Queens Juliana and Beatrix and King Willem-Alexander are former students.
The university came into particular prominence during the Dutch Golden Age, when scholars from around Europe were attracted to the Dutch Republic due to its climate of intellectual tolerance and Leiden’s international reputation.
During this time Leiden was home to such figures as René Descartes, Rembrandt, Christiaan Huygens, Hugo Grotius, Baruch Spinoza and Baron d’Holbach. Leiden University is one of Europe’s leading international research universities.
It has seven faculties in the arts, sciences and social sciences spread over locations in Leiden and The Hague.
The University has over 6,700 staff members and 28,130 students. The motto of the University is ‘Praesidium Libertatis’ – Bastion of Freedom.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. get the E-book for free by dropping your thought on the article in the comment box.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LEIDEN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP IN SOUTH AFRICA:
This scholarship is primarily intended for South African scholars who are students of either the University of Pretoria and the University of the Western Cape and would like to study at Leiden University for one or two semesters as part of an exchange programme.
There are numerous fields of study available to students that are interested in apply for this scholarship and schooling at Leiden University, however, each field of study is such that it shall have a very positive impact and great relevance in the country
LEVEL OF STUDY:
FIELD OF STUDY:
There are numerous Fields available in this program and they are :
Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
This scholarship is to be taken in South Africa. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The scholarship is intended for South African students. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students
- Living allowance: €1,000 per month
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Be enrolled at the University of the Western Cape.
- Be preselected for a scholarship by the University of the Western Cape.
- Meet the standard admission requirements for exchange/study abroad students at Leiden University.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP:
- Submit your scholarship application to the University of the Western Cape.
Contact the UWC Study Abroad/Exchange Coordinator, Ms Debbie Lamson, for information on application procedures and deadlines.
- Submit an online application for admission for an exchange/study abroad course at Leiden University.
- The University of the Western Cape will review all scholarship applications and send the names of one or two selected students to Leiden University’s Scholarships Team.
- Within two weeks of admission to a Leiden University exchange programme, the Scholarships Team will notify the selected candidates about further procedures.
For more information about the application process at the University of the Western Cape
Ms Debbie Lamson
Study abroad / student exchange coordinator
Email: [email protected]
For more information about application procedures for exchange programmes at Leiden University
Send a mail to: [email protected]
NOTE: Each student is expected to review his/her application before submission as Leiden university will not be held responsible for late application submission or incomplete applications.
Leiden University deadline: 1 April (programmes starting Sep); (programmes starting Sept) / UWC deadline
For more information about the Leiden University scholarship please see this official link here
We also recommend that you view the following articles:
- ICOLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP IN SOUTH AFRICA 2019
- SEDISA Trust Bursary South Africa 2019/2020
- Low Tuition Universities in South Africa 2019
- Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships in UK and South Africa 2019
- SA Innovation Summit | Innovation Competition 2019 South Africa
- Mandela Rhodes Scholarships 2019-2020 in South Africa | ONGOING
- South African Women in Science Awards (WISA), 2019
- Tiber Scholarship Fund for South African Students 2019-2020
- Science Bursaries in South Africa 2019-2020
- Ongoing Local Scholarships in South Africa 2019-2020
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
The LEIDEN UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP is worth €1,000 which take care of your living expenses. The scholarship is intended for South African students but international students residing in the country and attending the university are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.