Entries are currently been submitted for the Le Monde Smart Cities Awards 2018, eligible persons are by this notice invited to hurry and appy as soon as possible.
About Le Monde Smart Cities Awards 2018:
For the third year in a row, Le Monde is kicking off its urban innovation competition. The Le Monde Smart Cities Awards are intended to promote the best urban transformation projects deserving to receive greater attention, so that others can follow their example, adapting it if necessary to their own context.
As a company, municipality, association, student, individual, perhaps you have considered or started implementing an original and effective solution for your urban environment. Le Monde invites you introduce your project and apply for one of the Le Monde Smart Cities awards.
- Each award-winner will receive a €1,000 check, while the Grand Prize will carry an award of €2,000.
- All winning projects will be written up in an article to be published on Le Monde‘s website.
- An introduction video (not longer than 3 minutes) in French, Spanish or English
- An introductory text about your project (in French, English or Spanish), not to exceed 3,000 characters.
- An abstract (in English) approximately 1,000 characters long
- a photo or scanned copy of an official document to prove the identity of each person/legal body in charge of the project
Smart and sustainable cities are aimed at improving services and quality of living, resilience, environmental protection, cost-cutting, and deeper democracies; they foster effective integration of information technologies all the while fundamentally drawing inspiration from the expectations and participation of citizens.
Le Monde invites individuals, companies, foundations, NGOs, municipalities, public entities and students to submit a project in the following categories :
· Energy : a project that seeks to reduce the carbon footprint of cities.
· Citizen engagement : an initiative whereby citizens play a role in developing and managing physical and/or virtual urban spaces and services.
· Housing and urban planning : innovation in urban living space.
· Mobility : initiative that facilitates sustainable and human mobility.
· Cultural action : social and digital innovation with a cultural impact.
· Urban innovation : Social, technological or circular innovation applied to a city.
- Open to all individuals, private companies, public municipal associations or institutions, this competition offers the opportunity to participate at either the European or World level.
Application Deadline: May 13th 2018
For More Information: