Last Dollar Scholarships
The Philadelphia Education Fund is offering Philadelphia Scholarship Program to help meet the needs of high school students. The Last Dollar Scholarship 2019 is a need-based award that closes the gaps. It is awarded if the expected contribution of the family and the total financial aid package are lower than the participation costs.
Also, the Philadelphia Education Fund administers the latest dollar scholarships for the high school entrance program and for partner schools that have demonstrated an unmet need between $ 200 and $ 5,000 during an academic year.
The scholarship program must Consider the student’s total cost for the college visit (COA), including tuition, books, Accommodation, and meals, as well as other educational expenses, such as transportation costs required for health Insurance etc.
To qualify for this award, you must complete a scholarship application, be admitted to a two- or four-year accredited college or accredited college, prove your financial need, and submit a FAFSA. Scholars can apply again for up to six years after graduation.
About the Sponsor: Philadelphia Education Fund
The Education Fund (Ed Fund) has been a leader in education for three decades, using data-driven best practices that continue to deliver exceptional results to all students and teachers in Philadelphia.
However, The Ed Fund is the most comprehensive educational organization in the city. Their innovative programs are changing the way education is delivered in our city. We eliminate the obstacles to student study and professional success. They also offer a full range of research-based programs and services developed and implemented by our experienced and experienced team. And we promote STEM education in the region.
More About the Last Dollar Scholarships 2019-2020
Last dollar scholarships as provided by private scholarship providers unmet needs or the difference between the cost of a student and the financial resources to University. To accurately determine the value of the cash prize for the last dollar, a scholarship program must be created Collect information about the student’s costs and resources.
Last Dollar Scholarship is provided by The Philadelphia Education Fund and hosted in USA
If you are an international student and you desire to study in the UK, Check out the best scholarships obtainable for study in the UK
This Philadelphia Scholarship Program is available for USA students.
Aside from the Last Dollar Scholarship 2019, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
Last Dollar Scholarship Worth
Scholarships are determined by subtracting the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and Financial Aid package from your college’s total Cost of Attendance. Annual award amounts will range from $200 to $5,000 depending on need.
Eligibility for the Last Dollar Scholarship 2019
To qualify for Last Dollar Scholarships application you must meet the following criteria:
- The Last Dollar Scholarship is open to high school graduates from one of the following schools:
- John Bartram
- Benjamin Franklin
- University City, Gratz
- Strawberry Mansion
- Edison / Farming
- West Philadelphia
- Kensington, Gamma Parkway
- William Penn
2. Graduating high school seniors at the partner schools listed below are able to apply and receive information from their guidance counselor and may be eligible to receive scholarship money contingent on available funding:
- Thomas a. Edison High School
- Benjamin Franklin High School
- Kensington health sciences academy
- Kensington international business/finance & entrepreneurial High School
- Lankenau High School
- mastery charter at Simon Gratz High School
- Northeast High School
- parkway west High School
- Paul Robeson High School
- William l. Sayre High School
- strawberry mansion High School
Furthermore, you must have at least a 2.3 unweighted GPA in high school and maintain a minimum of a 2.0 in college coursework, completing at least 67% of credit hours attempted each semester. file a FAFSA annually and complete the BCC scholarship application
How to Apply for the Last Dollar Scholarship 2019
The complete Last Dollar Scholarships application has four parts. Partial applications will not be considered.
- The “ Last Dollar Scholarship Checklist” signed by a parent or guardian and by a school official certifying cumulative GPA.
- A scholarship application including a personal statement.
- A copy of the FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) with the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) circled. The SAR can be reprinted by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov and clicking “View your Student Aid Report (SAR)” under “Returning User?”
- A copy of the financial aid award letter/email from the college you plan to attend, if available.
Last Dollar Scholarship 2019 Application Deadline
This Philadelphia Scholarship Program is not currently available.
Please contact the Philadelphia Scholars office at [email protected] if you have general questions about the Last Dollar Scholarship.
- APPLICATION LINK
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- SCHOLARSHIP WORTH
Philadelphia Education Fund offers Last Dollar Scholarships 2019 to help meet the financial need for USA Students. Philadelphia Scholarship Program worth $5,000