Offers are currently available for a Postdoctoral position at the laboratory of Nano-opto-mechanics in Russia,Applicants are advised to carefully read through the eligibility criteria before applying for the position.
The laboratory was established in 2015 and is the part of Nanophotonics and Metamaterial Department at ITMO University – one of the leading international innovation institutions in Russia, providing research in advanced science, humanities, engineering and technology.The university and lab placed in the Saint Petersburg center.
The head of the lab is Alexander S. Shalin (Doctor of Sciences) and the international scientific adviserfromTel Aviv University (Israel) is Pavel Ginzburg (PhD). The international research team includes recognized world experts in the field of opto-mechanics and all-dielectric nanophotonics.This area is highly disciplinary and requires knowledge in various aspects of science and engineering. Having this expertise, the lab also works on optical metamaterials, metasurfaces, nonlinear optics, all-dielectric nanophotonics, transformational optics and others as a secondary scientific effort.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral program.
- The investigations of opto-mechanical interactions with applications to optical tweezing, particles sorting, and nano-opto-mechanical devices for signal processing;
- All-dielectric nanophotonics;
- Metamaterials and Metasurfaces;
- Optical Cloaking.
- Full time work (40h/week);
- Base salary is60 000 rub (>1000$) per month + your qualification + different grants winning.
Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in Russia
- – The applicant must have a PhD in relevant subject area; – To have an experience in analytical and (or) numerical simulations of optical phenomena;
- – Applicants with experience with CST Microwave Studio, Comsol, Lumerical, Matlab, Mathematica are preferred;
- – Self-motivated personality with team working skills;
- – High oral communication skills with the ability to represent the research at international conferences;
- – Experience in grant applications submitting and written publications in scientific journals.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The applicant must have a PhD in relevant subject area.
Test Requirement: no
English Language Requirement: demonstrate the good level of written and oral Englishat interview.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org(Dr. Alexander Shalin)or email@example.com(Sofia Frank), and should provide the following list of documents:
- Certificate of PhD in relevant subject area
- Detailed academic CV
- Full list of publications
Application Deadline: Until position will be filled.