The Weizmann Institute of Science, a public research university in Israelis inviting applications for the Kupcinet-Getz International Summer School programme. Applicants should be students enrolled in an undergraduate science degree program in the Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science. BSc and BA degree holders are not eligible to apply. Participants receive a stipend of NIS 500 per week (up to NIS 4,000 in total) for the duration of eight weeks. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | Israel
Field(s): Interns will participate in research projects in mathematics, physics, chemistry and the life sciences.
Funded By: The Kupcinet-Getz International Science School
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017 Kupcinet-Getz International Summer School Program is targeted for applicants of all nationalities
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: 8 weeks .The programme will start on June 11, 2017(exact date TBA) and ends on August 3, 2017
(exact date TBA).
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship? Interns will receive:-
Stipends: Participants receive a stipend of NIS 500 per week (up to NIS 4,000 in total).
Accommodations: All overseas students are provided with eight weeks of free rooming in the dormitories of the neighboring Faculty of Agriculture of the Hebrew University. If you arrive before the beginning of the program, or stay beyond the end of the program, you are responsible for your own living arrangements. Special circumstances will be handled on an individual basis.
Fees: There are NO application, registration, visa or tuition fees.
Travel arrangements and costs: Airfare or any other travel costs are not covered by the program. You are responsible for your own travel arrangements.
Medical Insurance: Upon arrival at the Institute, overseas students must purchase a medical insurance plan for the duration of their stay. Please note that any illnesses contracted before arrival in Israel are generally not covered by these types of insurance plans.
Meal Plan: You are responsible for your own meals during your stay. There are cafeterias available on campus, and cooking facilities are available in the dormitories.
‣ The 2017 Kupcinet-Getz International Science School accepts a select number of outstanding undergraduate students each summer to participate in research projects in mathematics, physics, chemistry and the life sciences .
‣ This is an enrichment program designed for undergraduate students from all over the world who are majoring in the sciences, and it is an opportunity to experience science by becoming part of a research group at the Weizmann Institute.
‣ Participation in the Kupcinet-Getz International Science School has had a significant impact on past participants of the program, reinforcing the students’ interest in conducting research in their future careers.
In order to participate in the 2017 Kupcinet-Getz International Science School program , it is required that you:
‣ are a student enrolled in an undergraduate science degree program in the Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science. BSc and BA degree holders are not eligible to apply.
‣ give evidence of a serious interest in scientific research. Previous experience is an advantage, but not a requirement.
‣ have a grade point average of 3.6/4.0 or the equivalent in the grades associated with your major subject.
‣ are fluent in English, as English is the language of instruction.
Notification of 2016 Kupcinet-Getz International Summer School Program results
‣ Once the matching process is done, the Feinberg Graduate School notifies you about the results of your application. This is usually done by March 31.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To apply for the Kupcinet-Getz International Science School, you must complete an online application form. In addition, you are required to upload the following required documents:
- Copy of the title page of your passport.
- Your CV. If applicable, please include information about previous experience in research, and list any publications that you have authored. A passport-size photo, printed to the first page of your CV.
- Current official and authorized transcript, including grades. An English translation signed by your university registrar must be submitted if the original transcripts are issued in a language other than English.
- Letter of motivation, up to one page in length. Include a couple of brief paragraphs describing your interest in science and in the program, and why you believe you should be admitted.
- Reference letter(s). It is obligatory to have at least one letter of recommendation written by a scientist or lecturer. Letters from workplaces not related to your studies will be ignored.
The first four documents listed above should be combined into a single PDF file, and uploaded through the online application form.
You may send updated documents by email up until the admissions deadline.
- All letters of reference should be emailed directly to: [email protected]
- The subject of the email should be: The applicant’s Full Name + Undergraduate Reference Letter.
- Reference letters may be sent to the Feinberg Graduate School even before you complete and submit your online registration form.
‣ Internship Application Due date : Internship application deadline is December 24, 2016
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: December 24, 2016