KPMG Bursaries is targeted at South African Students who need financial aid and wish to continue their studies. You are 2 minutes away from getting into the selection process.
KPMG is looking for students who are in South Africa who needs financial aid to carry on with their studies who are studying in SAICA or intend to study in SAICA, or in a SAICA recognized tertiary institutions
KPMG (Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler) was created in the year 1987 with a merger involving Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KMG) and Peat Marwick International. However, KPMG in South Africa has origins way back to 1895 when Alexander Aiken started his Public Accountant and Auditor firm in Johannesburg. At the core of KPMG is two major firms — Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co. and also Aiken & Carter.
The global firm offers a variety of services including audit, tax, and advisory services to global customers. At the moment, the company has a remarkable global employee base of more than 162 000 staff members.
What you need to know about KPMG Bursaries
KPMG has two bursary opportunities for students studying towards Being a SAICA licensed Chartered Accountant, or CAs (SA):
1 ) The Pure Merit Bursary will be awarded according to academic results alone, for students who do not require extensive financing.
2) The Merit Bursary with Financial Needs will be granted according to academic results AND financial need, for students who would be unable to attend university.
- The two of these bursaries will be awarded to students with great academic results.
Applicants should only apply for ONE bursary award — please don’t submit applications to get additional bursary chances.
- You ought to make an application to Merit Bursary with Financial Needs ONLY if you’re looking for full student funding and would not have the ability to finish your studies without further financial aid.
- The bursary will be awarded on condition that the recipient maintains their academic accomplishments through the entire length of study.
At the conclusion of a study, the student will have to serve a three-year training contract/ learnership.
This Scholarship is to be taken in SOUTH AFRICA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you: Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The Bursary is open to all South African students to study in any of the country’s universities. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
KPMG Bursaries For South Africans Students
Applicants should meet the following minimum entrance standards before applying (please note that failure to meet each of the prerequisites will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR now in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time towards a SAICA recognized degree
- Studying or intend on studying a SAICA recognized tertiary institution
- Aim to complete your degree in the minimum number of years
- Matric students: must Attain a minimum of 4″A” symbols (excluding Life Orientation)
- 1st-year school students: must attain a minimum of 70 percent for Financial Accounting
- and the minimum overall average of 65 percent
- Second-year tertiary students: must Attain a minimum of 65 percent for Financial
- Accounting and a minimum overall average of 65 percent
- 3rd-year tertiary students: must attain a minimum of 60 percent for Financial Accounting and a minimum overall average of 60 percent
- CTA students: must attain a minimum of 55 percent for Financial Accounting and a minimum overall average of 50 percent
How to apply
Download and complete the KPMG Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Applicants must meet the following minimum entrance standards before applying (please note that failure to meet each of the prerequisites will lead to your application not being considered):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if presently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Tertiary academic results, if at University (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
- University official fee statement (less than 2 weeks old )
- A statement reflecting additional costs (such as resident if required)
If applying for a Merit with Financial Need bursary, please include:
- Parents/ guardians evidence of income (latest payslips if employed/ 3 months bank statements AND utility bill if unemployed)
- Proof of other financial aid
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to email@example.com
(Add the words “KPMG Bursary Application — Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Deadline for KPMG Bursaries For South Africans
Note — submission of applications will be available throughout the year and students are all welcome to apply at any time.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any questions associated with the bursary program, please contact KPMG directly:
Tel: 011 647 7111
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- 20 High School Scholarships in Canada
- Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) Bursary Awards For South Africans
- GRAL Labex Master Scholarship Program in France
- University of Witwatersrand PhD Scholarship at, Johannesburg in South Africa,
- TATA AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS IN SCIENCE, ENGINEERING, AND TECHNOLOGY
- MIB Enrolment Award at Monash South Africa,
- Kader Asmal Fellowship South Africa
- 15 Cheapest Universities in Johannesburg: Tuition fees, Courses, and Ranking
- List of South African Scholarships- APPLY
- MSc & PhD Scholarship at University of South Africa,