Applicants are invited to apply for USA Grants and Fellowships to pursue advanced study, research, and teaching. These grants and fellowships are exclusively open to Polish students.
The aim of the fellowships is to strengthen ties between USA and Poland.
Kosciuszko Foundation is a charitable foundation based in New York City. The foundation provides scholarships and fellowships to Polish students, scholars, and artists who were invited for a research or educational stay by an institution of higher education in the United States.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue advanced study, research, and teaching.
Study Subject: There are no restrictions to fields of study/research.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- The Foundation provides a cost-of-living stipend, which includes transatlantic travel, housing allowance, health and accident insurance coverage, and (when warranted) domestic travel.
- Fellowship awards generally range from $7,650 to $25,500 (for Teaching Fellowships) depending on award category and duration of stay.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Only Polish citizens permanently residing in Poland are eligible.
- This program is NOT for Poles residing outside of Poland, or those residing temporarily outside of Poland, whether or not engaged in research/study.
- Dual citizens (the United States and Poland) as well as individuals holding the United States permanent residency status (green card) are not eligible. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
- Applicants must hold an M.A. or M.S. degree prior to the commencement date of the award.
- Current academic affiliation is required in all cases and must be documented with a certificate from an institution of academic employment/study
Nationality: Polish applicants are eligible for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have fluency in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- A well-defined typewritten proposal (at most 500 words) for conducting work in the United States with specific study/research plans.
- A current invitation from a US educational institution where the applicant plans to conduct research/studies.
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including a list of important and recent publications of which the applicant is the principal author.
- 3 letters of reference (at least one must be from outside of your academic affiliation) must be received by the Kosciuszko Foundation before October 15, 2017.
- Literary writers, journalists, and critics must support their research proposal with significant samples of their work.
- Visual artists are required to submit (together with their applications) catalogues, photographs, slides, or videos of their work.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 15, 2017.