Korea New Zealand Agricultural Cooperation Scholarships-New Zealand, 2017
Applications are invited for Korea New Zealand Agricultural Cooperation Scholarships (KNZACS). These scholarships are awarded to undertake PhD study in either veterinary or animal science or forestry at a New Zealand university.
These scholarships will promote greater understanding between Korea and New Zealand, and strengthen the trade and economic relationship in these sectors.
The scholarships will be jointly funded by the two governments and administered by Education New Zealand and EPIS in Korea. These scholarships will promote greater understanding between Korea and New Zealand, and strengthen the trade and economic relationship in these sectors.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master or PhD studies at a New Zealand university.
Study Subject: Recipients can undertake PhD study in veterinary or animal science or forestry, and from 2017, master’s or PhD studies in fisheries will be accepted.
Scholarship Award: The KNZACS covers
- New Zealand University tuition fees and associated student levies for up to 3 years for PhD and up to 2 years for master’s
- An annual living stipend of NZ$30,000 per year for up to 3 years for PhD and up to 2 years for master. This must also cover flights, medical and travel insurance (mandatory), and accommodation
Scholarships: Six awards will be offered
Scholarship can be taken in the New Zealand
Eligibility: Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria.
- Students must hold current citizenship of the Republic of Korea.
- Students must hold a minimum equivalent GPA of B+ in your most recent or highest tertiary qualification
- Students must conduct your study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- Students must meet the requirements for direct entry into masters or PhD programmes (as relevant) at a New Zealand University, including having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
- If students have already got admission into PhD studies at a New Zealand university starting in 2016, you are eligible to apply for the scholarship. However, your official start date must be after the final selection process – which will be August or September 2016.
- If students are shortlisted, they will also need to be able to attend an interview in Korea, at your own expense.
Nationality: Students from the Republic of Korea are eligible to apply.
How to Apply: Students must complete an English version application and a Korean language application. Applications that are ineligible, incomplete, or do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered under any circumstances. Applicants must go to the EPIS website to apply for the scholarship. Or go to the MAFRA website to apply.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 28, 2017.