Last updated on July 28th, 2017 at 04:48 pm
The Chiba University is is delighted to invite applications for Kokudo Foundation Scholarships. Scholarships are open for potential students from countries outside of Japan who matriculated as regular students (either undergraduate or graduate) as of April 2017, regardless of academic department or field of study.
Chiba University and it is also abbreviated as Chibadai is a national university in the city of Chiba, Japan. It offers Doctoral degrees in education as part of a coalition with Tokyo Gakugei University, Saitama University, and Yokohama National University.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for undergraduate or graduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Payment of Scholarship
- Amount Provided: ¥100,000 per month (This scholarship is paid to the recipient and does not need to be reimbursed to the foundation at a later date.)
- Paid to the recipient on the last day of each month (If the last day of the month coincides with a bank holiday, then payment will be provided on the day prior.)
- Date Scheduled for Payment to Begin: Last day of June 2017. (Payment for the three months of April, May, and June will be paid together on the final day of June.)
Number of Scholarships: There are three scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
- Students who come to Japan for studies or research; are of an upstanding character and in good academic standing; are in good health, and are recognized as having financial difficulties with payment of tuition.
- Potential recipients are those from countries outside of Japan who matriculated as regular students (either undergraduate or graduate) as of April 2017, regardless of academic department or field of study.
- Those who are able to attend an interview held in Tokyo (planned for early June).
- University asks that an academic transcript and either a certification of enrolment or a graduation diploma be presented at the end of each academic year.
- Recipients will be asked to join assemblies organized by our foundation.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Required Documents
- Written scholarship application form and income survey (Using foundation’s set format. Photograph required.)
- Letter of recommendation from either the student’s current principal or from an advising teacher/ professor.
- Certificate of enrolment.
- Academic transcript. (For students who are unable to provide his or her most recent transcript, submission is not necessary.)
- Health certificate.
- The copy of residence card.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May Annually