KOICA Scholarship Program for 2017
The KOICA Scholarship Program is one of the prestigious full funded scholarship schemes provided by the Government of the Republic of Korea to the KOICA’s partner countries. The Program was started in 1997 and aims to share Korea’s unique development experience with all developing countries and contributes to their long-term development needs.
This scholarship Program offers a unique opportunity for future government official leaders from all KOICA’s partner’s counties to experience Korean culture and build up their professions and academic skills. Now the 2017 KOICA scholarship Program is opened and we would like to invite all potential government officials from Cambodia to participate in Program.
What Does It Cover?
The scholarship will cover:
- Round-trip airfare (Economic class) to and from Korea
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation (mainly at the dormitory of a training institute)
- Living allowance
- Textbooks and materials
- Study visits and field trip during the program
- Medical checkup after entry into the program
- Overseas traveler’s health insurance (expense for medical treatments and hospital care due to diseases or accidents within the scope and limit of insurance coverage)
All applicants applying for the KOICA Scholarship Program must satisfy both, general and specific eligibility criteria established for each course.
- General Eligibility Criteria
- Be a citizen of Cambodia
- Be a government official of the Royal Government of Cambodia or an employee in the public sector
- Be a university/collage graduate or have an equivalent educational background
- Be nominated by his/her organization
- Have sufficient command of both spoken & written English to take classes conducted entirely in English and to write academic reports and a thesis in English.
- Have a positive attitude and strong will to get adjusted to a multicultural environment and to understand the host country’s culture
- Have good moral characteristics to endure student life on campus
- Be in good health both physically and mentally to undergo the program
You are not qualified for the KOICA Scholarship Program if you are:
- Having tuberculosis or any kind of contagious disease
- Having previously received a scholarship from the Korean government
- Course Specific Criteria
In addition to the above general eligibility criteria, applicants must also meet specific eligibility criteria imposed by each course. (Please refer to the “Program Information” of each course. For example, only women can apply for the course of Woman and Development at Ewha Woman University). Note*: for English test, it is not required. KOICA will arrange the English test for all applicants.
How to Apply
In the application package, there are two types of required documents that applicants need to submit: (1) KOICA’s required documents and (2) University’s required documents. The applicants need to submit the application in hard copy to KOICA Cambodia Office before the deadline. Note*: all application documents must be in English otherwise your application will not be considered for an Award.
- KOICA’s required documents
- KOICA Application Form
- Nomination letter from your organization (the letter should include: applicant’s name, current position, work duration, work experience, your supervisor’s name and signature, and your organization stamp). Note*: the nomination letter can be submitted later. However, you have to make sure that you can send it to KOICA Cambodia Office before the second interview.
- University’s required documents
- University Application Form
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
- Academic transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Research proposal
- A recent photo (3.5×4.5) with white background
- Photo copy of Passport
- IELTS/TOEFL Score (Not require, KOICA will arrange English Test for all applicants even though the applicants already have it.)
- Two recommendation letters from your lecturers/supervisors at your organization. The recommendation letter should cover the following information:
- How long have the referee know the applicant?
- In what capacity do referee know the applicant?
- The applicant’s leadership and networking skills as well as personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities
Note*: each university may require different or more specific documents. Please check the course information of each university carefully before completing your application.
Step 1: Submission of Application Documents
The applicants need to submit the complete and accurate application package to KOICA Cambodia Office in hard copy before the deadline of each course. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of your application. Note*: the application documents will not be returned (please keep a copy of your documents).
- Mailing Address:
KOICA Cambodia Office (KOICA Scholarship Program)
Phnom Penh Tower, 12th Floor, #445, Monivong Blvd, Corner Street 232, Boeung Prolet, 7
Makara, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel: (855)23-964 150/1/3, Email: email@example.com
Note*: The application package should be labeled the title of the course you are applying for.
Step 2: English Test
All applicants who submit the complete application will be arranged to take the English Proficiency Test at Cambodia-Korea Cooperation Center (CKCC), Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP). KOICA staff will notify you through email and/or phone call about the examination date. The result of the English Proficiency Test will be used as references for the selection.
Step 3: Document Screening
KOICA will screen the applicants’ documents and their English proficiency result and shortlist the candidates for the 1st round interview. The shortlist candidates will be informed by email and/or phone call.
Step 4: 1st Round Interview
The interview will be done at KOICA Cambodia Office by the KOICA selection committee. The successful candidates of the 1st interview will be informed through email and/or phone call.
Step 5: 2nd Round Interview
The Korean professor from your selected University will conduct the final interview through a phone call with you at KOICA Cambodia Office.
Step 6: Final Approval from the University Selection Committee
The final result of the successful candidates will be released within a month after the 2nd round interview. KOICA Cambodia Office will notify the successful candidates through email and/or phone call.
Step 7: Orientation
Pre-departure orientation will be conducted for all successful candidates before their departure for Korea.
Step 8: Departure for Korea
KOICA will arrange the air-ticket and support for the visa to Korea for the successful candidates.
Revision 1 (March 9, 2017): Deadline is extended for Hankyong National University
Revision 2 (March 14, 2017): Uploaded two new courses (The deadline for application submission is 30 March 2017)
Revision 3 (March 22, 2017): Uploaded thirteen (13) new courses (The deadline for application submission is 03 April 2017)