The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana is inviting Applications for MasterCard Foundation Scholarships from Ghanaian and African students 2018/2019
What you need to know about KNUST:
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is a university in Kumasi, Ashanti, Ghana. The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology is the public university established in the country, as well as the largest university in Kumasi Metropolis and Ashanti. KNUST has its roots in the plans of the King Asantehene Agyeman Prempeh I to establish a university in Kumasi as part of his drive towards modernization of his Ashanti kingdom. This plan never came to fruition due to the clash between British empire expansion and the desire for King Prempeh I to preserve his Ashanti kingdom’s independence
What You Need To Know about this scholarship
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education. It embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change for Africa.
Eligible Field of Study:
A preference for Science students; however, all subjects are considered
The Scholarship includes;
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid accommodation, learning materials and uniforms, transportation and stipend
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build relationships and scholar capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community service and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back) and uniquely sourced internship.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: For the 2018/2019 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and Satisfies KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement (s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- All Subjects are considered; however, there is Preference for Science Students.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back And Give-Back to his or her Community.
How to Apply
Download a copy of the application form from www.mcf.knust.edu.gh
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager,
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews to be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Office of the Dean of Students
- Final Selection will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of ALL examination results and door to door visits of SUCCESSFUL candidates will be conducted.
- Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website
Sponsors: MasterCard Foundation
Important Notes: There are absolutely no charges/ fees/ facilitation/ agents or intermediaries required at any stage of this process
updates on deadline will be communicated soon, please say tunned