Kluge Fellowships for US or Foreign Scholars in USA
The John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress is offering the prestigious Kluge Fellowships. US citizens or foreign nationals are eligible to conduct research at the Kluge Center. The Center especially encourages humanistic and social science research that makes use of the Library’s large and varied collections. Interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, or multi-lingual research is particularly welcome. Up to ten Kluge Fellowships will be awarded annually for a period of up to eleven months. Kluge Fellowship has a value of $4,200 per month. Full details:
Field(s): The Kluge Center especially encourages humanistic and social science research that makes use of the Library’s large and varied collections. Interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, or multi-lingual research is particularly welcome.
Deadline: July 15.
Funded By: The John W. Kluge Center, Library of Congress
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Kluge Fellowships are targeted for US citizens or foreign nationals
|‣ Award No: Up to ten Kluge Fellowships will be awarded annually by the Library of Congress.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are tenable for periods from four to eleven months at a stipend of $4,200 per month for residential research at the Library of Congress. The constraints of space and the desirability of accommodating the maximum number of Fellows may lead to an offer of fewer months than originally requested. Fellows may be in residence at any time during the fourteen-month window between June 1 of the year in which the Fellowship is awarded and August 1 of the year following. Stipends will be paid monthly by the Library of Congress, by means of electronic transfer to a U.S. bank account.
‣ Scholarship covers: Kluge Fellowships has a value of $4,200 per month (up to 11 months).
‣ The John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress invites qualified scholars to conduct research at the Kluge Center using the Library of Congress collections and resources for a period of up to eleven months.
‣ Established in 2000 through an endowment of $60 million from John W. Kluge, the Center is located in the splendid Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress.
‣ The Kluge Center furnishes attractive work and discussion space for Kluge Chair holders, for distinguished visiting scholars, and for post-doctoral Fellows supported by other private foundation gifts.
‣ Residents have easy access to the Library’s specialized staff and to the intellectual community of Washington.
‣ Kluge Fellowships Scholars who have received a terminal advanced degree within the past seven years in the humanities, social sciences or in a professional field such as architecture or law are eligible. Exceptions may be made for individuals without continuous academic careers.
‣ Applicants may be US citizens or foreign nationals.
‣ Upon selection, and in accordance with relevant visa regulations, foreign nationals will be assisted in obtaining the appropriate visa.
‣ To meet the minimum eligibility requirements, the degree must be formally awarded by the deadline date.
‣ Awards will be announced about April 1 of the year following that in which the application is due.
Scholarship Application Method
Applicants must submit:
‣ A completed application form, in English;
‣ A curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages; additional pages will be discarded);
‣ A single paragraph abstract ;
‣ A statement of proposed research (maximum 3 pages) ;
‣ An explanation of why the Library of Congress is the required venue for your research (maximum 1 paragraph)
‣ A bibliography of works you have consulted for your proposal (maximum 3 pages);
‣ 3 references with completed reference forms from people who have read the research proposal;
‣ Please do not use staples for any mailed application materials; use paper clips instead.
‣ Application materials must be postmarked by the deadline date to be considered.
‣ Applicants are urged to consider submitting their application materials online to scholarly-at-loc.gov or by fax to avoid any problems caused by mail delivery.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on July 15.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.