Kent State University KSU is delighted in providing opportunities for students interested in majoring in STEM fields through the “Ohio First Stemm Scholarships”. Scholarship program is designed for students admitted into Kent State University at Stark for fall 2017. Kent State University supports the teaching and learning mission of the university by helping students understand the value of achieving their educational goals. Scholarships are available up to $4,200 per year for first-year students.
Kent State University is a large, primarily residential, public research university in Kent, Ohio, United States. The university also includes seven regional campuses in Northeast Ohio and additional facilities in the region and internationally.
To be considered, applicants must comply with all the following requirements:
- 3.0 GPA
- Admittance to Kent State University at Stark for Fall 2017
- Registered for at least 6 credit hours
How to Apply:
- If you wish to apply for the scholarship you can apply by the given link: https://kent.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_es9VV1MqmweDokR
- Applicants must write 500-1,000 words your essay must be typed, double-spaced and answer of the question why you are interested in a STEMM occupation in northeast Ohio.
You must submit the following with your application
- 2 letters of recommendation.
- One letter should come from a teacher.
Letters of recommendation must be submitted via email Email your STEM letters to Greg Smith at gsmith62-at-kent.edu and Nursing letters to Chrissy Kauth at ckauth-at-kent.edu.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The successful applicant will receive the up to $4,200 per year.
- Initial review of completed applications will begin on July 1, 2017. Applications will continue to be processed through August 1, 2017.
- Applicants receiving the scholarship will be notified by July 31, 2017.
Link for More Information: