Founded in 1938, Kansas Christian College is a private, four-year Christian college in Overland Park, Kansas. The college is affiliated with Church of God (Holiness) and accredited with the Association for Biblical Higher Education, a commission recognized by United States Department of Education.
KCC provides a top-tier academic experience with a biblical worldview. The college has three academic divisions: Bible and Theology, General Education, and Professional studies.
These divisions branches into six (6) areas of study including: vocational ministry, worship arts, Christian education, business leadership, etc., which can be offered traditionally on-campus and fully online.
KCC offers Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees, as well as an artist’s diploma for performers who are preparing for a professional career in music. In every program taken, students are mentored by faculty who incorporate their faith, Scripture, Christian principles and prayer into the college experience.
There is a favorable student-to-teacher ratio of about 12:1 to provide students the discipleship and mentoring they need to discover and achieve God’s plan for their lives.
Located at 7401 Metcalf Ave., campus, in the heart of Overland Park in the Kansas City metro area, KCC is in a prime location for traditional and commuting students. The campus has five major buildings to provide every facility the student needs to live a healthy, physically fit, academic and spiritual life.
KCC’s classes are billed at $295/credit hour and the student housing costs (including room and board) are about $3,600 per semester. This is with the aim of making accredited degrees convenient, affordable and relevant to a wide range of students.
The school has a reputation for turning out exceptional graduates from the ministry degree programs. KCC graduates are pastors, missionaries, business and government leaders, and exemplary citizens using their KCC experience to make a positive difference. The school’s athletics department is nicknamed The Falcons.
KCC offers admission to students of any race, colour, gender or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
The school does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, colour, gender, disability or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs and athletic and other school-administered programs.
KCC is nondenominational and will accept students of various religious persuasions as long as they are willing to abide by the principles and policies of the school, even though the college is affiliated with the Churches of God (Holiness). The school accepts students based on academic records and character.
KCC Tuition and Cost of Living
Currently available for KCC is the cost schedule for 2017–2018 academic session. This is a sure guide to estimate the next academic session’s cost, as increase in cost will be very minimal.
TRADITIONAL PROGRAMS TUITION AND FEES
|Block Tuition (12-18 hours)||$3,540|
|Regular Tuition (Per Credit Hour)||$295|
|Independent Study (Per Credit Hour)||$345|
|Audit (Per Credit Hour)||$150|
STUDENT SERVICES FEE (PER SEMESTER) $250
|Performance Music Program Fee (Per Semester)||$800|
|Dorm Services Fee (Per Semester – Dorm Students)||$125|
|Enrolment Fee (First Time Students Only)||$40|
|Dorm Deposit (First Time Dorm Students)||$225|
ONLINE TUITION AND FEES
|Block Tuition (12-18 hours)||$3,300|
|Online Tuition (Per Credit Hour)||$275|
|Audit (Per Class)||$150|
|Technology Fee (Per Semester)||$150|
DORMITORY ROOM AND BOARD
Room and board for dorm students is $3,450 per semester. This includes room and full meal plan. In most cases, rooms will be double occupancy. Additional charges could apply for any single occupancy room available.
Getting Financial Support
Financial Support is made available to students to reduce the burden of tuition and other relevant fees. Only students who have been offered admission to KCC are eligible for financial aid. Once admitted, students should follow the process below to get financial aid:
- Go online to https://fafsa.ed.gov/and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Be sure to use KCC Federal Code 021689.
- Once you have completed and submitted your FAFSA, wait to receive your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Notify the KCC Financial Aid Office once you receive your copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) by contacting us at 913-722-0272or [email protected].
KCC Scholarship Opportunities
KCC generates the finances necessary to offer a variety of scholarships to qualified students through fundraising activities carried out throughout the year. Along with the generous scholarships contributed by alumni and friends, these funds provide a lengthy list of scholarship funds that are available to be claimed each year.
Here are some of the available scholarships available to KCC students.
These scholarships are available for full-time traditional students. They range from $750 to $3,000 annually and are renewable if the appropriate cumulative GPA is maintained and the student remains in good standing with the college.
Academic awards ranging from $750-$1,500 must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25, and those ranging from $1,250-$3,000 must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5. These will be reviewed at the end of the academic year.
- PRESIDENTIAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP: This scholarship is available to full-time, traditional first-time or transfer students. It is renewable annually with a 3.5 cumulative GPA and by remaining in good standing with the college.
The value is $2,500 annually and will be awarded based on a committee selection process. To be considered for this Scholarship, a student must be nominated by a pastor, youth pastor, school administrator or counselor, Board of Trustees members, or KCC faculty or staff member.
Deadline is March 15 and students must complete their FAFSA and KCC scholarship application by April 1.
- VALEDICTORIAN AND SALUTATORIAN SCHOLARSHIP: This scholarship offers an annual $5,000 tuition scholarship to the valedictorian and a $3,000 tuition scholarship to the salutatorian of high schools.
To be eligible, students must be ranked 1st or 2nd in his or her class, having GPA’s of 3.7 or 3.5 respectively as verified at time of awarding and on final, official transcript. The student must also meet the KCC admission criteria.
- NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP. This award is for a finalist, semi-finalist or one receiving commendation in the National Merit Program who is enrolled full-time and living on campus at KCC.
This scholarship may be received for up to four years of continuous enrollment. Students can be awarded up to a maximum of 100% tuition. The commendation value is $1,000 per year.
- AWANA SCHOLARSHIP. This award is offered in partnership with Awana Youth Ministries and is for full-time, first-time or transfer students. This scholarship may be received for up to four years of continuous enrollment and is for students who have reached certain milestones in the Awana program.
The awards are as follows:
- Timothy Award – $2,000 ($250 per semester for up to eight semesters)
- Meritorious Award – $4,000 ($500 per semester for up to eight semesters)
- Citation Award – $8,000 ($1,000 per semester for up to eight semesters)
This award may not be combined with any of the institutional academic scholarships. Apply here: http://awanaym.org.
KCC Memorial and Endowed Scholarships
Scholarships here are funded by individuals and families who support KCC and its students. Contact KCC Financial Aid office to apply for one or more of these funded scholarships.
- Holland Scholarship – Religion majors
- Mable Johnson Scholarship – Music majors
- Lowery Family Memorial Scholarship – Elementary Education majors
- E.W. Roy Scholarship – Religion majors
- Hertha Roy Scholarship – International or missions students
- Vieth Scholarship – Offered by the CoGH Foundation Board
- Ruby Mays Scholarship – Christian Education majors
- Larry Warford Scholarship – Students of CoGH high schools or colleges
- Cordelia Williams Memorial Scholarship – Ministerial or Missions majors
- Crooks Family Scholarship – Deserving KCC college students
- Palmer Memorial Scholarship – Deserving KCC college students