SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
KANA SCHOLARSHIP 2019
There wouldn’t have been anything like Kana Scholarship without these two important platforms:
- Kana TV
- One Young World
Kana TV is a private commercial satellite television channel currently operating in Ethiopia. Kana TV is owned and incorporated within Moby Media Group. It was co-founded by three Ethiopian entrepreneurs in combination with Moby Media Group and was officially launched in April 2016. The channel targets a wide variety of serial dramas around the world. Most often, it broadcasts Turkish television dramas which arouse public attention toward the channel. It is currently Ethiopia’s most popular television channel.
One Young World is a UK-based not-for-profit organization that gathers young leaders from around the world to develop solutions to the world’s most pressing issues. One Young World stages annual Summits in different World Cities where delegates from charities, NGOs, corporations, and universities are joined by world leaders, acting as One Young World Counsellors.
Since inception in 2009 till 2015, One Young World has staged 6 Summits for a total 8,000 delegates between the ages of 18–30 from 196 countries.
Kana TV, as Ethiopia’s leading broadcaster. Since 2016 they have been transforming the media landscape in Ethiopia, pioneering the way entertainment can be accessed across the country. As a revolutionary industry leader, Kana TV is proud to partner with One Young World to launch the inaugural Leading Ethiopia Kana Scholarship.
Level/Field of Study:
Kana TV Scholarship 2019 is opened to students from Ethiopia who have shown some reasonable level of leadership abilities and who has made an impact in the following fields:
- Poverty alleviation
Therefore student studying courses related to these fields are also considered a strong candidate and would be considered before other students.
Kana TV is Ethiopia’s leading broadcaster and has been changing the lives of Ethiopians through the provision of Kana’s Scholarship.
Students from Africa has always complained the stress of not being recognized as most scholarships are just opened to candidates from a particular country which the United States of America have been spotted as one of the countries of the world housing most scholarship platforms where these scholarships are only available for United States of America citizens.
African students are happy to be a part of a scholarship reserved for only African students who are from Ethiopia.
Kana Scholarship award is apparently more than money, it has the ability to expose the winner to other dimensions of life which include travels tourism, and other expensive visits, with all expense paid by the providers of this scholarship.
Below is a glimpse of what to expect as a winner of this prestigious award. The award winner will receive:
- Title of Leading Ethiopia: Kana Scholar.
- Profiling in Kana TV publications & channels.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in The Hague, Netherlands.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 and 20 (inclusive) October 2019.
- Also provisions may be made for delegates to avail an additional night’s accommodation on 16 October, should their travel itinerary require.
- The cost of travel to and fro The Hague (flights in the economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue, Summit hand-outs and support materials.
Kana TV Scholarship is open to just African students from Ethiopia who meets the conditions, and grades requirements below:
- Candidates must be of Ethiopian nationality
- Applicants must reside in Ethiopia and should school in Ethiopia.
- Applicants should be between the age of 18 to 30. An Applicants below the age of 30 stand a chance of being considered first.
- Candidates above 30 are still considered. But it will depend on the person’s willingness to be a part of the scholarship and the appropriate impact they’ve made along the years.
- Most people above 30 are considered too have lost motivation and the enthusiasm to get involved in extreme academic activities, therefore the person’s unreserved passion for academic excellence would be tested before being considered for the scholarship award.
- An applicant is not fully qualified if he or she hasn’t made an impact on agriculture, poverty alleviation, health, environment, and education as a whole.
In addition, the strongest candidates will demonstrate:
- Proven leadership ability
- A capacity for innovation and values-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and global issues
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship visit the link below and follow the procedure that would be made available.
Please note that all applications must be submitted in English
This scholarship opportunity is an annual scholarship with an annual deadline of 18th July.
The opening date varies. But the deadline is always on the 18th of July.
BONUS: TWO TRENDING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ETHIOPIANS AND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.
APPLICATION IS ONGOING!
- The UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE CATHERINE AND PETER TAY FOR SINGAPORE ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP IN UK, 2019
This scholarship was established in 2018 by Catherine and Peter Tay from Singapore. It is a continuing demonstration of appreciation those 50 years earlier in 1968; Dr. Peter Tay received his undergraduate education for a double degree.
The scholarship is available to international students.
The scholarship is awarded to study Engineering and Economics.
If documentation is not provided with your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A written statement (max 2 A4 pages) outlining your experience of educational disadvantage and how this scholarship would assist you and your career aspirations.
- Any documents supporting your claims (such as CV, evidence of achievements, center link income statement).
A list of required documents for educational disadvantage is available at:
- A paragraph outlining how you used your past Singapore Alumni Scholarship and how it helped you with your studies.
- TIPS: Limit supporting documents to a few documents which support relevant eligibility criteria only. You may need to combine as one pdf for upload and include your name and student number (if you have one) in the document.
Match 6th 2019
2. E4D CONTINUING EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP FOR CANDIDATES FROM LOW-INCOME COUNTRIES IN SWITZERLAND, 2019
The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to the capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
The E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Programme covers ETH Master of Advanced Studies (MAS), Diploma of Advanced Studies
(DAS) and Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) programmes.
All MAS, DAS and CAS programmes at ETH Zurich are open for E4D Continuing Education Scholarships.
The E4D Continuing Education Scholarship covers the following expenses:
Economy round-trip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF) 2
Living allowance for the duration of the programme: 2’000 CHF per month if the programme is longer than 3 weeks (full-time programme). 800 CHF per week if the programme duration is up to 3 weeks.3 4
ETH general tuition fee: 580 CHF per semester (in the form of a tuition fee waiver).
Students from low-income countries are eligible to apply:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin,
Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde*
(Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte
d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji,
Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary,
India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz
Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall
Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar,
Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania,
Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa,
South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic,
Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine,
Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- The candidate must hold a completed and recognized Master’s degree from a university and proof of professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- The minimal English standard is TOEFL level C1.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from countries classified as Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries and Lower
- Middle-Income Countries according to the DAC-list of the OECD 5. A list of eligible countries can be found in Attachment 1.
- Moreover, the candidate must have been accepted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS programme based on his/her academic and professional qualifications.
Applications must be submitted in electronic format to Patricia Heuberger, ETH Global: patricia.heuberger-at-sl.ethz.ch.
Provide personal data, University Diploma and transcripts, CV and a motivation letter (to be specified).
The Application Process Comprises Two Steps:
- Application to the selected MAS, DAS or CAS programme.
- Application to the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Programme.
Note: Candidates will only be considered for an E4D Continuing Education Scholarship if admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS programme.
Step 1: Application to MAS, DAS or CAS programme
Consult the programme webpage and/or the programme management to receive information on the deadlines, application procedures and application documentation for the selected MAS, DAS or CAS programme.
Step 2: Application for the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Application documentation:
- CV6 of the candidate
- MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s)
- Certificate of employment
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the programme and the impact on the candidate’s career development and beyond.
- Two professional references
- Formal admission letter from the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS programme (can be submitted after the application deadline).
Application deadline for the first process is April 30, 2019, while for the second process is on November 30, 2019
- Onsi Sawiris Scholarships for Egyptian Students in USA | UPDATED
- Gardiner Scholarship from Step Up For Students In Florida
- Study in the University of Makerere: Admission Requirements, Courses Offered Tuition Fee, Ranking.
- Comprehensive List of Tuition Free Universities in Finland 2017
- 15 Ph.D. Scholarships for Business Administration Students
- university of Virginia list of majors offered
- Best 15 Ph.D. Scholarships for Economics Students
- University of Adelaide Accelerator Scholarships 2017-2018 in Australia,
- Korea University Global KU Study Abroad Scholarship, 2019
- IS PSYCHOLOGY B.A. or B.S.?