The Kader Asmal Fellowship programme is available for students of South Africa or Zimbabwe (in possession of a South African permanent resident permit). There are approximately eight fellowships available to pursue a postgraduate programme in Ireland for September 2021 intakes.
About Kader Fellowship
The Irish Aid Kader Asmal Scholarship was created in the honour of late Professor Kader Asmal, who taught law and specialized in labour; human rights and international law at the Trinity College Dublin for 27 years.
Professor Asmal also co-founded the Irish Anti-Apartheid Movement and was part of the ANC team who negotiated the transition to democracy.
The Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme will be awarding scholarships for Postgraduate students to study in Ireland.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched scholarships you can utilize in 2021
- 2021 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2021
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2021
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2021
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2021
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Level/Field of study
The scholarships are available for pursuing the fellowship programme with two strands:
A) Eight annual awards for postgraduate study in:
1. Business Management
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Business
2. Agriculture, Food Science & Nutrition
- Climate Change
- Rural Development
- Food Science and Food Engineering
- Bioresource Technology
3. Public Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Public Health
- Health Economics
- Health Engineering
B) One annual award will be made for a fellowship in:
Human Rights Law (LLM in Law) at Trinity College Dublin. This will be selected by the Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC).
The scholarship will take place in Ireland.
The Scholarship is open to South African citizen or a citizen of Zimbabwe holding a South African Permanent Residence Permit.
The Kader Asmal Fellowships will cover:
- university application fees
- tuition fees
- examination and other fees
- economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland;
- settling in allowance, book allowance and study allowance
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only and
- the costs of entry clearance (student visitor visa) application
The number of offers was not specified
Eligibility For Kader Fellowship:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- be a South African citizen or a citizen of Zimbabwe holding a South African Permanent Residence Permit.
- have achieved the necessary standard to be accepted onto a postgraduate course in an institute of higher education in Ireland.
- be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above-listed subject areas.
- be able to take up fellowship each academic year.
Please note applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible
Application Procedure For Kader Fellowship
Please access the online application form through the link below. Click here to apply
The application deadline is usually 11th of September every year.
- University of Cape Town Entrance Scholarships 2021
- Best Civil Engineering Schools in UK 2021 [Updated]
- Fully Funded Young South Africans CSIR corporate functions Bursary Programme 2021
- Study in Asia: List Of All International Scholarships to Study in Asia 2021
- University of Derby International scholarships 2021
- Armscor Bursaries for Undergraduate and Postgraduate South African Students, 2021
- Arts & Culture Trust Postgraduate Bursary Programme For South Africans 2021
- MOSHAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2021 [UPDATED]
- ACU Fully Funded Commonwealth Masters Scholarships in South Africa 2021
- FREE SCHOLARSHIP ALERT FOR 2021
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.