Applications are currently ongoing for Jiangsu University of Science and Technology (JUST) Scholarships Programme for International students in China. Scholarships are available to non-chinese students pursuing undergraduate, master and doctoral degree programme in the university. The aim of the scholarship of to provide financial help to international students.
What you should know about JUST
Jiangsu University is a high ranking and prestigious doctoral research university in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province. JSU has been promoting high-level research. JSU gives priorities to the internationalization of the schooling, encouraging faculty members and students to go abroad for further studies, inviting more global talents to join us for mutual benefits, promoting international research collaboration as well as recruiting more overseas students.
Jiangsu University of Science and Technology (JUST) has a history dating back to the year of 1866 when the Fujian Shipping and Polity School was founded. In 1952, the first secondary technical school of shipbuilding in P.R. China was set up in Shanghai by the Shipping Bureau of Ministry of Industrial Machinery. In August of 1953, after the incorporation of courses of Shipbuilding, Machinery and Marine Engineering from some vocational schools in Shanghai and Fujian, the Shanghai Shipbuilding Industry School officially started to recruit students.
In 1970, the School was relocated to Zhenjiang City, Jiangsu Province. In 1978 and 1993, the University was upgraded to undergraduate-level higher educational institution and was renamed twice, respectively called as Zhenjiang Shipbuilding Institute and East China Shipbuilding Institute.
Now the University is a Higher Educational Institution affiliated to Jiangsu Province. In 2012, the University was co-constructed by Jiangsu Provincial Government, China State Shipbuilding Cooperation and China Shipbuilding Industry Cooperation. And in 2016, JUST was jointly constructed by Jiangsu Provincial Government and State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense. In 2018, JUST is placed 198th in Wu Shulian Chinese University Ranking and 187th in China’s Best University Ranking.
JUST now is an engineering-oriented university with distinctive characteristics which has formed a well-established talent training system of bachelor, master and doctoral degree levels. It is now one of the key construction universities of Jiangsu Province and is a university of recognized excellence by the Ministry of Education of China.
Located in the famous historical and cultural city of Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province, China, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology (JUST) has a history of 80 years. We are a university of engineering characterized by shipbuilding and sericulture with 25,000 students.
Level/Field of study:
Bachelor Degree programs:
Computer Science and Technology/Electrical Engineering and Automation/Energy and Power and Marine Engineering/Civil Engineering/Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering/Bachelor of Business Administration in Chinese and English/English Literature/Applied Chemistry
Masters Degree Programs
Computer Science and Technology/Information Communication Engineering/Control Science and Engineering/Marine Engineering, Heating and Ventilation Power Engineering/Design and Manufacture of Naval Architecture and Ocean Structure/Linguistics and Applied Linguistics in Foreign Language/Civil Engineering/Chemical Engineering and Technology/Material Science and Engineering/Special Economic Animal Rearing Biology
PhD Degree Programs
Special Economic Animal Rearing Biology/Material Science and Engineering/Design and Manufacture of Naval Architecture and Ocean Structure
The scholarship is hosted by the countries where the institutions are situated.
JUST Scholarship Programme in China is open to Non-Chinese students from around the world.
These opportunities has value that includes the following categories;
Jasmine Scholarship:30,000-50,000 CNY; Jasmine TSP Program: 10,000+Full Scholarship
JUST Scholarship for:
- Bachelor: 7,000 CNY /Y+ Accommodation Fee;
- Master: 9,000 CNY/Y + Tuition+ Accommodation Fee;
- PhD: 12,000 CNY/Y+ Tuition+ Accommodation Fee;
Academic Scholarship for Undergraduates (Based on the GPA ranking of previous academic year); Top:
- 5%: 8,000CNY/Y
- 6%-15%: 6,000CNY/Y
- 16%-35%: 4,000CNY/Y
- 36%-75%: 2,000CNY/Y
The number of offers differs according to the different scholarships.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- A foreign passport holder, healthy, obedient to Chinese law and regulations of JUST.
- Bachelor program applicants should hold a high school diploma and normally should be less than 25 years old;
- Master program applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree and normally should be less than 40 years old;
- Doctorate program applicants should hold a master degree and normally should be less than 45 years old.
- The requirement of language proficiency for applicants of English programs is as follows: TOEFL 550 (IBT 80) or IELTS 5.5. Applicants of Chinese programs should have recent HSK Level 4 certificate or HSK Junior-C certificate.
Applications to all programs should be ONLY done online through JUST “Online Application System
- Register your account and activate it.
- Fill out the application and upload your authentic documents as required.
- Submit the application and save your application number.
- Check your admission status online regularly.
- You will receive your Admission Notice through e-mail after successful evaluation.
- Read your Admission Notice and pay the fees listed in the Admission Notice provided by the School of Overseas Education of JUST.
- Upload the remittance receipt to JUST “Online Application System”.
- Receive originals of Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW202) by post.
How is the Admission process conducted
Decision of Admission will be made upon application materials and applicants’ performance in evaluation.
Documents of admission will be sent before June 30, 2018. With the JUST International Student Admission Notice and JW202 Form, admitted students should go to the Chinese embassy or consulate to apply for entry visa (X status visa) to China.
For those who used to study in other Chinese universities, a statement of graduation or certificate from the current university should be provided.
What are the required Application Materials
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- English or Chinese proficiency certificate.
- Photocopy of passport and a photo of a passport size.
- Undergraduate applicants, education level diploma, for applicants who are still fresh graduates, certificate of graduation is necessary.
- Graduate applicants, a copy of undergraduate transcript and Bachelor Degree Certificate, two recommendation letters from different referees at least an associate professor (or other equivalent titles).
- Doctorate program applicants, copy of graduate transcript and Master Degree Certificate, two recommendation letters from two different professors, and research proposal for doctorate study in China.
- Self-financed international students should name a trustee in China and provide a financial guarantee.
To access other opportunities, click China Scholarships
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
About Studying in China
Studying in China is an excellent opportunity to explore the world’s most populous country. You will experience China’s unique blend of ancient and modern civilization.
China’s economic progress in the last 30 years is unprecedented in world history. In just a few decades China has gone from one of the poorest countries in the world to a regional and global leader with a vibrant economy. Since 1980, China’s average annual growth rate was over 10% – more than twice the United States and the European Union. China is now the world’s third largest economy.
China’s cost of living is quite low compared to the United States, Canada, Australia and many parts of Europe. Food products and consumer goods are the least expensive items in China. A meal at a local restaurant for one person could cost one or two dollars.
Getting around in China is convenient and inexpensive thanks to a well-developed and modern transportation infrastructure. All cities are well-served by buses and taxis, and larger cities have modern subway systems.
What are the advantages of studying in China
- A recent economic and industrial hub and driver of global growth thereby attracting students and scholars from all over the world
- The University is located at the Center of China, with good proximity to the commercial hubs in the South and the industrialize East.
- Top quality infrastructural and learning facilities comparable with the very best school in the world.
- Huge pool of international students in the city and cities beyond
- Tuition fees lower than western Europe’s and most Asian countries yet providing quality service and beautiful environment.
- Chance to school and chase your business/trade dreams in the world most dynamic trading center.
- Less stressful admission requirements and process.
- Employment Advantage
- Quality of Education and international Recognition
- Travel and exploration
What you need to know about China
- The world’s largest national population, more than 1.3 billion people – 20% of the Earth’s entire population
- More than 90% of the population live in the eastern third of the country
- Full official name is the People’s Republic of China
- Capital city is Beijing, largest city is Shanghai
- Main language is Mandarin Chinese, which has more native speakers than any other language
- The world’s fastest growing and second largest economy, after overtaking Japan in 2011
- Fourth-largest country by area (after Russia, Canada and the US)
- The only country other than Russia and US to have launched a manned space flight; government has set target of establishing a space station by 2020
- Under Communist rule since 1949
- The world’s second-largest oil consumer, after the US
- Very diverse climate – from tropical in the south to subarctic in the northeast
- Chinese cities frequently appear in reports on the world’s most polluted places
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
- Top 25 Chinese Government Scholarships 2018-2019
- Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarships for foreign students, 2018
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.