The Management of Nigeria LNG Limited is delighted to invite applications from interested First Year Undergraduates and high performing basic six pupils in Nigeria to apply for the 2017/2018 NLNG Scholarship Award.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Universities in Nigeria
About the Award: The Nigeria LNG Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme started in 1998 as part of Nigeria LNG Limited’s Corporate Social Responsibility to Nigerian Citizens to enhance human capacity development.
The Management of Nigeria LNG Limited wishes to invite interested First Year undergraduates in Nigerian Universities to apply for the 2017/2018 NLNG Scholarship Award. The purpose of Nigeria LNG Scholarship Award Scheme is to promote academic excellence amongst students in institutions in Rivers State and the rest of the country.
Offered Since: 1998
The post-Primary scheme kicked off in 2012
Type: Post-primary and Undergraduate
- Post-Primary: Prospective pupils are admitted onto the scheme based on excellent performance at the annual National Examinations Council’s (NECO) Common Entrance Examinations.
- Undergraduate: Beneficiaries are selected through a rigorous and transparent selection process organized in collaboration with the Aptitude Test Department of WAEC.
- Undergraduate: Applicants must be first year undergraduate students in a recognized Nigerian university
- Post-Primary: Applicants must be high performing basic six pupils in company’s host communities and the oil-producing states
Number of Scholarship: Several
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2017.
Value of Scholarship
- Scholarship recipient will receive the payment of a yearly Scholarship allowance as beneficiaries in Institutions in Nigeria.
- The award has undergone several value reviews from N30, 000.00 at inception to N50, 000.00 and then to value of N 100,000.00.
Duration of Study: For the duration of the program
How to Apply
To apply for the Undergraduate scholarship go here and complete the application form.
To apply for the Post-Primary scholarship go here and complete the application form.
Please note that only qualified applicants shall be short-listed for the selection tests.
The following candidates need not apply
- Beneficiaries of other scholarship schemes.
- Second (2) to Final year students.
- Part-time students.
Sponsors: Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) Limited
Important Notes: From inception, about 2,500 beneficiaries have benefited from the scheme. A total of about 500 million naira has been spent so far on the scheme. At present, this scheme is been reviewed and its scope expanded to cater for three levels: post primary, undergraduate and post graduate studies oversea.