The Jamaica Social Investment Fund (JSIF) is delighted to call for applications from eligible students to hurry and apply for the JSIF SCHOLARSHIP FOR JAMAICAN STUDENTS 2020. Applicants interested in this program are to ensure that they have met with all the program requirements on application to avoid disqualification in any way.
ABOUT JAMAICA SOCIAL INVESTMENT FUND (JSIF)
The Jamaica Social Investment Fund (JSIF) is a limited liability company incorporated under The Company’s Act of Jamaica. It was established in 1996 as a component of the Government of Jamaica’s (GoJ’s) national poverty alleviation strategy. The Fund was designed primarily to channel resources to small-scale community-based projects. This is done with the use of an Operations Manual that acts as a guide to ensure transparency, accountability, and efficiency in project implementation.
The operations of the JSIF were initially funded by a loan negotiated between the GoJ and the World Bank. Though the JSIF was initially established as a temporary organization with an initial lifespan of four (4) years, it has been in operation for over 18 years and presently has agreements that will continue until 2020.
The JSIF is governed by an eleven-member Board of Directors, drawn from a wide cross-section of the Jamaican society. Directors are appointed for a renewable two-year term. The Board meets once per month and has overall responsibility for approving annual budgets, sub-projects, and related contracts. The Board is chaired by the Director General of the Planning Institute of Jamaica (PIOJ) Dr. Wayne Henry, and the Managing Director of JSIF, Mr. Omar Sweeney, is an ex-officio member. The work of the Board is facilitated by sub-committees that meet regularly to review specific portfolios and make recommendations to the Board. These sub-committees are Projects, Finance and Audit, and Procurement and Contracts.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SCHOLARSHIP:
The JSIF Scholarships are open to eligible tertiary students attending government assisted tertiary institutions (including teachers’ colleges).
The JSIF has a disbursement budget of J$100Million. All JSIF scholarship recipients will receive a maximum of J$350,000 each. the JSIF Scholarships are open to ALL students from first to final year at any local university, college, or trade school.
LEVEL OF STUDY
FIELD OF STUDY
The field of study eligible for this scholarship program is based on the fields provided by JSIF
This scholarship program is to be taken in Jamaica.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
This scholarship program is primarily for Jamaicans. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The JSIF has a disbursement budget of J$100Million. All JSIF scholarship recipients will receive a maximum of J$350,000 each. Please note that the actual disbursements of the JSIF scholarship amount are at the discretion of the PRP Committee.
The requirement for this scholarship are as follows:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 25
- Candidate must be a student of a government assisted tertiary institution.
- Also, He/She must be a resident of one of the listed PRP communities (see list of communities online)
- Applicant must be in financial need
- Be actively involved in community work through community-based organization/s and/or other voluntary programmes
- Have confirmed acceptance in an accredited government assisted Tertiary Institution ( including teacher’s college)
- Be in good academic standing
- Not be in arrears for your previous academic year(s) tuition or any other fees
HOW TO APPLY FOR JSIF SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
YOU CAN ALSO SEE JSIF OFFICIAL LINK HERE
Updates about the application deadline as it concerns this program will be communicated in due time, please stay tuned
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- Deloitte Bursary in South Africa
- Truworths Bursary in South Africa
- Danish Government Scholarship at the University of Southern Denmark
- Shoprite Bursaries in South Africa
- Unilever Bursary South Africa [Updated]
- Fully funded Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships in South Africa
- Nedbank Bursary South Africa [Updated]
- Mercedes-Benz Bursary in South Africa
- NRF Masters and Doctoral Scholarships in South Africa
- Engen Petroleum Bursaries in South Africa
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.