Joshua Nkomo Scholarships for Zimbabwean students in 2019
Higherlife Foundation is offering Joshua Nkomo Scholarships for Zimbabwean students. The Joshua Nkomo Scholarships are awarded to pursue the undergraduate degree in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM). The Joshua Nkomo scholarship is offered to the best students in the final 2 to 3 years of high school, and top university and college students in their first and straight Masters degrees.
If this meets you right and you meet the requirements, take advantage of this opportunity and apply for the Joshua Nkomo Scholarship 2019. The WSF Team has researched and come with all the details you need to win the Joshua Nkomo Scholarship.
About Higherlife Foundation
Higherlife Foundation is an Africa-based social impact organization committed to investing in the future of children through Education. The Foundation is working to scale its impact across Africa by raising 2 million African leaders by 2020.
The Foundation targets orphans and vulnerable children, as well as students from disadvantaged backgrounds, and focuses its work on education on the three key areas of Providing Access to education, Improving Quality of education and Providing Lifelong Development.
About Joshua Nkomo Scholarship
The Joshua Nkomo Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship programme that focuses on identifying young Zimbabwean talent through a rigorous selection process and creating the opportunity for them to get the best and most relevant education at world-class local and overseas tertiary learning institutions. The scholarships are available to Zimbabwean citizens who are under the age of 21 at the time of applying.
NOTE: Our Scholarship Award Winning Ebook (worth $50) is up for grab, if you’re reading this article, you stand a chance to win one of our Scholarship Ebook. Read through for eligibility on how to get our scholarship ebook for free.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2019
- 2019/2020 Fully Funded Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2019-2020
- World Bank Scholarships for Developing Countries 2019
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries 2019-2020
- Scholarships For Developing Countries 2019-2020
- 21 Masters Scholarships in UK, 2019-2020
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2019-2020
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2019
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
Education in Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe considers human capital investment via education a major tool for sustainable development. Education is recognized as a fundamental human right and necessary for the development of the people in society.
Zimbabwe’s education sector has suffered from several challenges that have deteriorated its quality. These include poor physical infrastructure, brain drain, and declining standards in school performance.
The vision of the Education Sector Strategic Plan 2016-2020 is to “be the leading provider of inclusive, quality education for socio-economic transformation by 2020.” The plan includes four pillars:
- Access for all, including providing adequate infrastructure, the opportunity for non-formal education, early identification of children at risk of not entering the system, dropping out or falling behind, and strategies to support those unable to meet education fees.
- Quality and relevant learning with the introduction of a competency-based curriculum that includes ICT, STEAM/STEM, education for sustainable development and life skills.
- Focus on learners by building, developing, monitoring and upgrading the professional skills of teachers already in the profession and by developing a responsive pre-service curriculum.
- Strong leadership, management and monitoring providing efficient and effective service delivery within an institution that has the right structural framework.
Responding to these pillars, five core programs have been identified:
- Introduction, monitoring and adjustment of new curricula at all levels
- Enhancing infrastructure to meet population growth needs, and ensure learning environments are inclusive and age appropriate
- Introduction of a teacher quality improvement program, to build professional skills and competencies, and formalize professional standards
- Establishing a capacity development program, in order to manage institutional change for a modern and progressive education system
- Development of a Center for education research, innovation and development, and building the country’s capacity to provide and analyze data that will inform its policies.
In order to monitor implementation of the ESSP, Zimbabwe has identified performance indicators for outputs, outcomes, and processes, which will be disaggregated by gender, location, and socioeconomic status and reviewed during annual reviews.
Level/Field of study:
Joshua Nkomo Scholarships are awarded to study undergraduate and postgraduate programme for Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) studies, and also for other disciplines.
The Joshua Nkomo Scholarship is hosted by Higherlife Foundation Africa, Zimbabwe.
Joshua Nkomo Scholarships is open to Zimbabwean students.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from Joshua Nkomo Scholarship 2019, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
70% of the scholarships will be for Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) studies, whilst 30% is reserved for other disciplines. The programme includes leadership training and mentorship through internships, community involvement and life-long engagement through an active alumni network.
The number of offers was not specified.
Eligibility For The Joshua Nkomo Scholarship 2019:
- Academic Merit as determined by applicant performance in public examinations (mainly ZIMSEC and Cambridge)
- For A-Level applications, a minimum of SEVEN (7) “A” grade passes is required
- For University applications, a minimum of TEN (10) points for females and TWELVE (12) points for males is required
Where there are ties, the extra criterion is applied as follows:
- Leadership Potential as demonstrated by levels of responsibility and office bearing in the School and surrounding
- Communities, as well as confirmed indications of Community Engagements and extra-curricular activity
- Personal Integrity as deduced from School Reports and reports from other responsible authorities
- Academic certificates/public exam results
- Birth Certificate
- National ID
- Character Reference Form (Download Here)
- Character Reference Form to be hand delivered to any Higherlife Foundation office
NB: Scholarships are for Zimbabwean public institutions only.
Application Procedure For Joshua Nkomo Scholarship 2019:
All Applications are to be made online at the scholarship official site.
Application Deadline For Joshua Nkomo Scholarship 2019:
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
Eligibility for winning our scholarship EBook
Get our Scholarship Ebook for free now, indicate interest in the comment section and the Ebook will be sent to you. This offer is for the first 50 people.
- Department of Defense Stem Scholarship 2019-2020 | USA
- Sugar Industry Scholarship at Sugar Research Institute in Australia, 2019
- 10 Public Health Scholarships in UK for Students from Developing Countries
- 24 fully funded scholarships for developing countries 2019-2020
- 35 university scholarships for developing countries 2019-2020
- 35 university scholarships for developing countries 2019-2020
- 15 Best Civil Engineering Schools in Canada in 2019
- Top 20 Masters Scholarship for Marketing Students
- 30 scholarships To Study In Ukraine For International Students.
- International Student Scholarships at Kettering University in USA, 2019-2020
- 10 Best Medicine Scholarships in Germany for Students from Developing Countries
Higherlife Foundation is offering Joshua Nkomo Scholarships for Zimbabwean students to pursue the undergraduate or postgraduate degree in STEM. APPLY NOW