Josephine de Karman Fellowship update
The Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust was launched in 1954 by the late Dr. Theodore von Karman, the world celebrated aeronautics expert and teacher and first director of the Guggenheim Aeronautical Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology, in memory of his sister, Josephine, who died in 1951. The purpose of this fellowship program is to recognize and assist students whose scholastic accomplishments reflect Professor von Karman’s top standards.
The fellowship is for one academic year and may not be renewed or postponed.
What You Need To Know About Josephine de Karman Fellowship
DeKarman fellowships are open to PhD students in any discipline, including international students, who are currently enrolled at a university located in the United States. Only PhD candidates that will defend their dissertation in or about June 2020 are eligible for consideration for a 2019-2020 fellowship.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY
This fellowship is open to PhD students, Undergraduate students, master’s degree students, and postdoctoral scholars aren’t eligible for consideration. Special consideration will be given to applicants at the Humanities.
This scholarship is to be taken in the U.S.A. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the united state of America, this is for you the best scholarships obtainable for study in the United States of America
The scholarship is available to all U.S citizens. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Josephine de Karman Fellowship Benefit
The fellowships will be paid straight through the fellowship office of this university where the successful candidate is enrolled for study in the United States. One half will be paid in September and one half the following February.
NO UNIVERSITY OVERHEAD MAY BE APPLIED TO THE FELLOWSHIP AWARD. THE DE KARMAN FELLOWSHIP IS FOR MERIT, BASED ON A NATIONAL COMPETITION. THEREFORE, IT IS HOPED THAT ONGOING UNIVERSITY SUPPORT COMMITMENTS ARE MAINTAINED WHILE A DE KARMAN FELLOWSHIP IS HELD.
Josephine de Karman Fellowship Eligibility
- Prospective applicants should note that the contest for DeKarman fellowships is intense. For the 2018-2019 cycle, the committee examined over 400 programs and given seven (7) fellowships. To be competitive, graduate applicants must have outstanding letters of recommendation, significant early scholarly contributions, and have completed several chapters of the dissertation at the time of application. Although the competition is open to graduate students from any US school, the vast majority of awards go to students at top-tier schools
- PhD students who are not citizens of the United States could apply for a Josephine de Karman Fellowship if they are already enrolled in a college located in the USA.
- The titles, schools, and departments (and dissertation names ) of Josephine de Karman Fellowship awardees could be published on the Dekarman.org site.
- By the end of December following completion of their fellowship year, awardees are expected to submit a current outline of the dissertation and a one or two-page report in their own accomplishments as a result of having held a Josephine de Karman Fellowship.
The report should include a concise breakdown of the funds were used. This Ought to Be in the form of a letter to the Josephine de Karman Fellowship Committee, P.O. Box 3389, San Dimas, CA 91773.
2019-2020 Josephine de Karman FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION:
To apply for the scholarship the applicant needs to download the for form and follow the steps below.
2019-2020 FELLOWSHIP GUIDELINES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Contact Information: Judy McClain, Fellowship Secretary
Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust
P.O. Box 3389
San Dimas, CA 91773
Email: [email protected]
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
- JUST IN: Fully Funded Scholarships in U.S.A (SHARE THIS)
- UNMET NEED SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2019
- The Life Lessons Scholarship Program
- Turkey-Armenia Fellowship Scheme, 2018
- HHMI Gilliam Fellowships for Advanced Study in USA 2018
- $100,000 Direct TextBook Scholarship 2018
- Exchange Fellowship for South Korean and Swiss Applicants, 2018
- TOP 21 UNIVERSITIES WITH THE POWERFUL ALUMNI NETWORK
- International Facebook Fellowship for Doctoral Students 2018
- 15 Affordable Colleges in Peru and Their Tuition Fees.