SEARCH FOR ANY SCHOLARSHIP HERE
The Florida International University is pleased to call for applications for the Jose Antonio Echeverria Scholarship At Florida International University 2018, only eligible applicants will be granted consideration for this program.
Florida International University is an American metropolitan public research university in Greater Miami, Florida, United States. FIU has two major campuses in Miami-Dade County, with its main campus in University Park.
Florida International University
Country of study:
- The best two applications received will be awarded $4,000 each.
- The selected essay will be published at the José Antonio Echeverría Foundation website and other online outlets.
The scholarship is available for students who:
- At the time of application, the student must be enrolled at FIU as an undergraduate, degree-seeking student with a declared major in Architecture, History, Politics & International Relations, or Religious Studies, and taking at least 12 credit hours each semester.
- At the time of application, the student must also be actively enrolled in the Undergraduate Certificate in Cuban and Cuban-American Studies and must continue taking at least one program course during any semester that the applicant will be a recipient of the scholarship (including any summer semester).
- Students who are not currently registered in the Undergraduate Certificate in Cuban and Cuban-American Studies can apply for this scholarship only if they enroll prior to or simultaneously at the time of application, and continue taking at least one program course during any semester that the applicant will be a recipient of the scholarship (including any summer semester).
How to Apply:
Applicants can go to the given link and download the application form: https://surveys.himss.org/checkbox/Survey.aspx?s=ad92221225f64e44ae2cc25397bb00ec
- GPA and Transcripts: Applicants must submit unofficial transcripts demonstrating a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at FIU, or, if newly enrolled at FIU, at other institutions attended.
- Essay: Applicants must submit an original, well-researched, and properly documented 3-page essay (double spaced, 12-point font, in English or Spanish), demonstrating knowledge of the life and beliefs of José Antonio Echeverría and his contributions to and efforts toward democracy in Cuba.
All supporting documents and application must be sent to cri-at-fiu.edu.
Entries for the scholarship ends September Annually
Link for More Information: