The BMI Foundation offers the John Lennon Scholarship Program in memory of one of the outstanding 20th-century songwriters, John Lennon. The John Lennon Fellowship is an annual competition in which songwriters and composers of contemporary music such as alternative, pop, rock, indie, electronic, R & B and experimental music can participate. Three scholarships totaling $20,000 are awarded each year to the best original songs of all genres.
About BMI Foundation
The BMI Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 1985. It supports the creation, interpretation, and study of music through prizes, scholarships, scholarships, and works.
The BMI Foundation Scholarships is mainly designed for Participants who are songwriters and composers of contemporary music. Get access to other Music scholarships, click on the link
The scholarship value accrues up to
- Three scholarships totaling $20,000 will be available for the 2016 competition.
- The BMI Foundation shall have the right (but shall have no obligation) to license up to three public performances of a winning composition and authorize appropriate musical arrangements to be made for such performances.
The John Lennon Scholarships are available for American students. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The number of offers is not specified
Eligibility for Scholarship
In order to be eligible for the competition, all applicants must be:
- Current full-time or part-time students of a U.S. college or university.
- Students who have been accepted to a U.S. college or university for future enrollment are not eligible.
- Between the ages of 17 and 24, as of February 15th, 2016.
- Potential first-time winners of the competition: former winners (other than Honorable Mention) of the John Lennon Scholarships are not eligible to enter the competition.
- For applying for the scholarship, the candidates must submit online scholarship application form through the given link: https://bmifoundation.org/applications/form/john_lennon_scholarships_application
- Applicants may submit only one song to the competition.
- The submitted work must be an original song with lyrics accompanied by whatever instrumentation is chosen by the applicant. Both lyrics and music must be original and not based on any prior work.
- The entry must be submitted online
- The entry must be submitted as an MP3 or MP4a file, which should be named only with the title of the song.
- One copy of the lyrics must also be submitted as a PDF.
- Neither of these items may indicate the name of the applicant or their school.
- Applicants should retain copies of their recordings and lyrics since the Foundation will not undertake to return materials.
We have other great scholarship opportunities that might be of help to your search
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response on the comment box for us to serve you better.