Applications are currently been submitted for the John Dillon Memorial Fellowship for Developing Countries’ Students in Australia , and submissions will be till 31 August .Applicants are encouraged to comply with the eligibility criteria and also ensure that all applications are submitted before the deadline as stated.
‣ The Dillon Memorial Fellowship was established by ACIAR in recognition of Professor John L. Dillon’s life-long support for international agricultural research.
‣ The Fellowship scheme serves the memory of John Dillon by providing career development opportunities for outstanding young agricultural scientists or economists from ACIAR partner countries who are involved in a current or recently completed ACIAR project.
‣ The Fellowship aims to develop leadership skills in the areas of agricultural research management, agricultural policy and/or extension technologies.
‣ This is achieved by providing exposure to Australian agriculture across a range of best-practice organisations involved in research, extension and/or policy making.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Australia
Level: Research Grant
Field(s): areas of agricultural research management, agricultural policy and/or extension technologies Agriculture.
Deadline: 31 August of the year prior to the Fellowship visit taking place
Funded By: The fellowship is co-funded by Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR) and AusAID.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016-2017 John Dillon Memorial Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of ACIAR partner country: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, Fiji, Global, Indonesia, India, Iraq, Kenya,
|Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malawi, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Vanuatu, Vietnam and Zimbabwe can apply for these John Dillon Memorial fellowships
‣ No. of awards: 8-10 Fellowships are offered annually.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : : Fellowships are awarded for 5-6 week period. Fellows are hosted by 1-2 Australian organisations (such as a Federal Government Department, a University, a Cooperative Research Centre or State Department of Agriculture) where they spend at least 50 % of their Fellowship period.
‣Value of Scholarship :
‣ The John Dillon Memorial Fellowship scheme is available for outstanding young agricultural scientists or economists from ACIAR partner countries who are involved in a current or recently completed ACIAR project.
‣ Applicants must be associated with ACIAR bilateral projects that are either active or completed in the last 24 months.
‣ The Fellow can be associated with either a National Agricultural Research System or a CGIAR centre (if the applicant is involved in an ACIAR bilateral project), but must be a citizen of an ACIAR partner country.
‣ Applications must clearly show how the applicant’s leadership skills will be developed.
Scholarship Application Method
Enquiries can be directed to your appropriate Research Program Manager.
‣ Applications, completed on the attached form and including a brief resume (biographical data) should be submitted via post.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: Applications, completed on the attached form and including a brief resume (biographical data) should be submitted by 31 August of the year prior to the Fellowship visit taking place, to:
Ms Sharon Harvey Project Officer, Education and Training ACIAR, GPO Box 1571 Canberra ACT 2601 Australia Fax + 61 2 6217 0501 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.