The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is offering scholarships for students who are studying at ‘partner schools’ in Asian countries. Selected students will come to Japan in around September 2017 to commence master’s or doctor’s programme at participating Japanese Universities.
This initiative aims to enhance the circulation of competent human resources between Japan and Asian countries and to promote innovation in the whole Asia.
Scholarships are awarded in such fields as Science and Technology, and Engineering, especially, Information Technology, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
JICA will provide the following expenses for participants in the program.
- Tuition at Japanese university master’s/ doctor’s degree programs (and research student) (actual cost)
- Allowances for living expenses (fixed amount)
- Outfit allowance (general outfit and shipping) (fixed amount)
- Mobilization allowance (fixed amount)
- Moving allowance (lump-sum payment for rental contract)
- Books (fixed amount)
- Interior research (fixed amount)
- A round-trip airfare (actual cost)
- Expenses for support programs during the study in Japan, including the costs of observation tours and internship (actual cost)
- Tuition for Japanese language and business manner training (fixed amount)
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Under 40 years of age (as of September 1st, 2017)
- Bachelor’s degree (as of September 1st, 2017)
- Those who study or graduated from the partner schools
- Nationality: Citizens of one of the 12 Asian countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam) are eligible to apply.
Eligible Regions: Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam.
Each applicant is required to submit the necessary documents by the deadline set by Japanese Universities. After the acceptance confirmation by Japanese Universities, JICA will ask the applicants to submit the prescribed documents for the visa application to Japan.