If you are interested in attending an Indian university for your Ph.D. program, we are glad to announce to you that you can get it for almost no cost. Most of what you need is to be an Indian national or a citizen from any Asian country. If you meet this, you are eligible for the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarship in 2020.
But you still need to take your time and go through the article because the world Scholarship Forum Team has arranged all the details you need to win the Nehru Fellowship for PhD.
About the Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship
Applications are invited for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships to pursue Ph.D. studies at a recognized University/Institution in India. This Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowship is available for Indian nationals and nationals of other eligible Asian countries.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund is a scholarship conferred by the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund to Indian citizens carrying out scholarly research in India.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund was officially launched on August 17, 1964, under the chairmanship of Dr. Ing. S. Radhakrishnan, then Indian President, summoned to New Delhi to form a national committee of 110 members.
World Scholarship Forum popular searched Scholarships 2021
- Fully Funded Scholarships
- ICCR Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for All Countries
- Scholarships For Developing Countries
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS
- List of Top 10 Mechanical Engineering Colleges in the World 2021
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities on a new tab.
All You Need To Know About Nehru Scholarship
The Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D. studies at a recognized University/Institution in India.
A candidate may apply for the scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialization:
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
SEE ALSO: Sahapedia-UNESCO Research Fellowships for Indian Students
The Nehru Fellowship for PhD is hosted in India.
There are other Indian Scholarships available for International students in 2021. You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowship is open for Indian nationals. Nationals of other Asian countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam are also eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Aside from Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all scholarships available.
The Nehru Scholarship will cover:
- Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.18,000 per month
- Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. – Rs.15,000 per annum
Eligibility for the Nehru Fellowship for PhD
At the time of making the application for the scholarship, a candidate should:
- Hold a first Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and postgraduate level,
- Already be registered/admitted for PhD. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply,
- Not be above 35 years of age,
- Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
How To Apply For The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
The completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110011 on or before 31 May. The candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible. The Fund will not be responsible for any postal delays in reaching the application by the due date.
Deadline For The Application of Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship
The Application deadline for the application of Nehru Fellowship for PhD is on May 31, Yearly. After which further applications will not be considered.
For more information and application of the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund. Click on any of the links below.
- TATA Trust Loan Scholarships for Indian Students
- ICSSR Doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships for Indian Students
- Chandranna Bima Scholarship Scheme in India,
- Sir Ratan Tata Trust Group Scholarship in India
- International Scholarships at University of Southern Indiana in USA
- Kch Foundation Scholarships
- 10 Public Health Scholarships in India for Students from Developing Countries
- 10 Medicine Scholarships in India for Students from Developing Countries
- Karnataka Vidyasiri Scholarship
- Reckitt Benckiser Mavericks Case Challenge
- Top 15 Indian Scholarships [UPDATED]
- LIST OF INDIAN SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS