Japanese government is delighted to invite applications for the 2017 edition of the Japanese Government Internship Program 2017. Japan achieve greater internationalization for its people and organizations through knowledge building aimed at new developments and expansion of overseas business for Japanese companies, and by changing awareness through working with foreigners and experiencing cross- cultural communication.
Main responsibilities of interns:
- Formulating an internship plan (roles/goals, etc. of an intern) in consultation with the Internship manager
- Participating in group training, follow-up training, and wrap up presentation
- Undertaking the internship full-time during the internship period(international students living in Japan must ensure this is balanced with academic work)
- Undertaking management of their own safety and health as thoroughly as possible, including gathering emergency information for Japan, as well as communication, reporting, and consultation with the Program Office and the host company
- Submitting a variety of documents, notifications, reports, evaluation reports, etc. before coming to Japan, as well as during and after the internship period
- Appropriate Behavior demonstrating awareness as a beneficiary of public funds received from the Japanese government
- Allowance: 4,000 yen per day for living expenses. This amount is payable per day for the entire duration of the internship (except for international students living in Japan, who will be paid for active days only)
- Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance (international students in Japan not eligible)
- Internship insurance
- Transportation and accommodation expenses including training program fee when participating in training
Applicants satisfying all the following requirements are eligible.
- Agreeing with the spirit of this program, and through the internship promoting internationalization of Japanese companies, developing the overseas business of Japanese companies, and working together to construct networks with overseas universities etc.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- As a rule, applicants should be at least 20 years of age and no older than 40 as at June 30, 2017.
- Applicants must able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate as well as a letter of recommendation from an affiliated university or institution etc.
- Able to undertake both the internship and Pre-Training full-time at the host company. (International students must also able to balance these against their studies)
- Other requirements meeting any individual conditions stipulated by the host company.
- Applicant must not have participated in this Program in 2016.
Eligible Regions: OECD/DAC-listed countries.
Apply online through given website.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2017